• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 4th Annual Portable Modification Get Together-Sept 27!!!

Matt Johnson

Not sure exactly how many houses are going to be here. I've talked to so many people in the last couple months about it that I haven't really taken a tally. We already have 5 houses set-up at the store and plan to set-up a couple more before Saturday. I know I've talked to a handfull of people who are going to bring their modified houses too. We will have a pretty good showing this year...

I also talked with Cy from StrikeMaster and he will be here to answer all StrikeMaster questions and he is also going to bring his house too smile

As far as a coffee shop, there is a Dunn Bros within walking distance, just on the corner of Osborne and University...

dtro,

I've probably put in over 100 hours for this already. Now is the time when everything begins to take shape... just helps me to know that it was all worth it winklaugh

Updated list...

Matt Johnson

FishGUY

BigWadeS

polarsusd81

Borch

IceJohn

hanson

airjer

da_chise31

Bobbo-o

WTN4ICE

SomethingFishy

shackbash

ZamMan

mnfishinguy

wolfman-k

YourBobbersDown

7outof10

kwiggy

dtro

BobS_Rogers

Snake River King

vegas

Corey Bechtold

hanronson

hovermn

ShawnnyB

hopeforfish

PerchPounder

gvg_uwec

jholland and dad

Eric Wetteland

pkwalleye and son

walleyebw

fishing tech

muc33

tednugefan

Joel Nelson (MarCum and Nature Vision rep)

jordynTheFisher and cousin

Cy Z (StrikeMaster rep)

Corey Studer (Vexilar rep)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, I wont be able to make this event, and I really wanted to. Is someone going to go around taking pictures of the cool mods, and can they then be posted on here for those of us that cant make it, can see them as well?

Tomorrow is the day!

With things really starting to fall in-line, I find myself more and more at aww with the amount of ice fishing stuff we really do have in stock right now. To say I have the itch would be an understatement smile

Not sure exactly how many people will be there, its so tough to tell. I'm sure we'll see more people than whats on the list, no doubt about that. We've been promoting it at the store for about 3 months now...

So... 9am-5pm tomorrow! Tons of food and a lot of free giveaways! Plus, everything is ON SALE!!!

Also, please say "hi"... it will be nice to meet more of you and put a face with a few of the names.

See everyone in the morning! smile

I plan on being there between 9-10. ! question I have, I would also like to meet others from here, but I really do not want to walk around asking "Hey whats your post mane on HSO? and having them look at me like WHAT THE @%#&*. So is ther going to be a place for a great and meet?

I unfortunately will not be making it up. I really enjoyed last year's event and had hoped to make it back this year, but there is just too much going on. I will say that anyone who is thinking about going should try to make it as I found the seminars very enlightening, not to mention the mods and all the gear for sale. Heck, I didn't even get to the food and give aways. grin Thanks to Thorne Bros. and Matt for this and hopefully I can make it next year...

eyes317

Awesome time today. Lots of new faces, and quite a few familiar ones as well. Ton of great information in the seminars, Borch and Corey had quite a bit of good info on upsizing your plastics and how to select them in general. Then the Thorne duo of Matt Johnson and Pat Smith did a great job on the finesse fishing presentation. Hanson finished up the seminars with a lot of great tips on modifying your portable fish house and keeping organized to be more efficient on the ice.

The food was awesome, pulled pork sammies, brats, fish fry. Gotta say thanks to all the people that donated the food. Also have to say thank you to all the companies that donated prizes for the giveaways. The pink Vexilar hats were a huge hit!

I am so pumped for ice now and have a couple of really good ideas on things I need to do to my house to make it more comfortable. That was the reason this get together got started, but meeting all the new people and having fun comes with it.

Thanks especially to Thorne Bros for hosting such an awesome event.

Thanks Matt/Thorne Bros.

I learned from the seminar and the store staff.

And considering I've never been ice fishing before

I have a lot to learn. The GLIDE-LITE I won should

make things a lot easier.

Now I'm really excited about the first FM Hardwater

get-together!

My son and I had a fun time today. We learned some more tips and met some new people. The younger one already went through his ice fishing rod bag when we got home and was wearing his gloves he won, too. Hopefully, we'll meet again on the ice.

Thanks to Matt, Thorne Bros and all the companies that donated prizes for another fun event.

1004105ox3.jpg

It was another informative day of seminars given by people who are totally passionate about the sport of ice-fishing! It was good to talk to some others who I've met at past get-togethers, Dave, Matt, Borsh & others. A big thank you to Thorne Bros. & all the sponsors for doing this, it gets better every year.

I'll see you on the ICE.