• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 4th Annual Portable Modification Get Together-Sept 27!!!

Matt Johnson

The date has been set for the 4th Annual Portable Modification Get Together!!!

When: Saturday, September 27

Where: Thorne Brothers in Fridley, MN

Time: 9am-5pm

This will be the fourth year of the portable fish house modifying party! A great way to kick-off the upcoming ice fishing season and an easy way to get together with other ice fishing die hards to talk about ice fishing when the temps are warm smile

Come see various modifications that other anglers have done to their fish houses. Also partake/watch modifications being done that day! Also see new product from various reps and manufacturers in attendance!

There will be seminars and food too!

Also, stock up on gear as everything in Thorne Bros will be on SALE!!!

So, mark your calender for Saturday, September 27 and join in on the fun!

Here is the seminar schedule for the Get Together...

Plastics Under the Ice

Hosts: Jeff Borchardt (borch) and Corey Bechtold

Time: 10am

Finesse Fishing for Multi-species

Hosts: Matt Johnson and Pat Smith (and possibly Dave Genz smile )

Time: 12:30pm

Modifying Your Portable

Hosts: Chris Hanson (hanson) and other FM Staff

Time: 3pm

Hope to see a lot of you there!

***Stay tuned for more info during the next few months...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, Matt! It killed me to miss last years get together, but slamming monster crappie and smallie on Mille Lacs was fun, too!

Count me in! Hopefully I'll have time to start my mods before this yrs event.

See ya there

Hey thats my birthday we are gonna need a keg or 2

of rootbeer, of course. smile Look, folks, I know we are smack dab in the middle of summer, with warm temps, and fishing out of boats.But realize this, hard water is only 5-6 months away from right now.Think ahead to fishing through a 8 inch hole in the ice by marking your calendar for Saturday,Sept. 27th.Get your whistle wet for ice fishing by attending this event,put on by some of the best folks in the ice fishing business. I look forward to seeing many of you fellow Fm'ers there.

We already have various companies/sponsors lined up that are going to donate product for giveaways again like last year. Some cool stuff starting to trickle in smile

We're also going to work on having ice fishing gear available at that time as well. We're going to do our best to put in an early order for some of the product we carry so you have an early opportunity to buy some gear. We'll be the first place in town to have the ice fishing gear out! smile

Originally Posted By: YourBobersDown
Hey thats my birthday we are gonna need a keg or 2

of rootbeer, of course. smile Look, folks, I know we are smack dab in the middle of summer, with warm temps, and fishing out of boats.But realize this, hard water is only 5-6 months away from right now.Think ahead to fishing through a 8 inch hole in the ice by marking your calendar for Saturday,Sept. 27th.Get your whistle wet for ice fishing by attending this event,put on by some of the best folks in the ice fishing business. I look forward to seeing many of you fellow Fm'ers there.

I agree, I've been to two of these and they are great. It's just nice to talk to Matt, Deitz and many other FMrs that show up out there. I had my midget with me last year. This year she's old so maybe I can stay longer.

More companies are jumping on board... also starting to build quite the list of seminar speakers...

Also check out some of the new products available by some of the leading companies in ice fishing... there will be company reps in attendance showing off the latest and greatest... a chance to be some of the first people to see the newest gear...

I am hoping to make it but that is hockey tryout weekend.

Matt, our hockey association (CGHA)is selling raffle tickets to raise money for new locker rooms, if I can make it can I bring them and maybe sell a few?

Here are the details, delete if this shouldn't be posted.

This trip is for 6 people and includes 3 nights stay and 2 days of guided walleye fishing on Lake Of the Woods out of a resort. (Not sure if I can post the name)8 meals and includes an additional $75 spending money at the resort. The drawing is Oct 5, 08 and is good for 1 year. $2844 value. tix are $10

Hope to see you there, Keith

Sounds like fun. I'm building drop down trailer right now and this would be great to attend to get some ideas. Count me in. This will be my first time going to something like this. Can't wait

By the end of the month I should have a decent list of seminars nailed down. Also more details on all the fun!

So, let's start of official list of who all plans on attending from our FM crew... I'll start smile

Matt Johnson

Who's next? smile