• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wiring up new a/c unit

Ya mnfish My limited knowledge of elec.I dont help much here.However my general knowledge of construction after Sooo many years can help here,But I read some advice given and just laugh at posters they did it once and now post methods & ways of doing something and I cringe.I said it before at times I try to help and then some posts contradict mine,then I wonder if I should not post or try to compete with no one knowing which post to take heed to.There are many ways of doing lots of things but their are easy ways and and right & wrong.Some pics I've seen are POOR work but someones is proud that they completed it,then give advice in the steps to take and again I cringe!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me if you have to ask how, you probly should have a professional do it for you. Wire colors dont mean much, all depends on who wired the original unit. So if you dont know what your looking at your only gonna cause yourself problems. Also some of the newer ac units require a constant 24v supply, how will you know? How can you tell someone the wire colors and have them tell you how to hook it up. pretty tough to know what you have there. all to save a few bucks? Technically if your installing new equipment you are required to bring it up to current codes. That is if you pulled a permit.....Some things you just better off hiring a professional