• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eskimo quick flip

SnipeZilla

So I'm trying to buy a used portable fish house in the summer to maybe save some cash since people might be looking to get rid of them and I stumbled upon the chance to get a good deal on an Eskimo quick flip that supposedly seats 3. Anyone have anything against these houses as far as durability, weight, heat retention etc? I tried searching the forums but couldn't muster up much. Any help would be appreciated.

I have had my Quickflip III for going on three years now. You cannot beat it for the money at all. It is just as good as the Otter I sold Sandmannd, the Fishtrap guide I had first, and the frabills. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Mine retains heat fine, and I installed ropelights on the bar above your head when you sit down. Longevity has been more than I expected so far and I don't see myself buying anything other than a Eskimo in the future. Right now I have the Quickflip III, the Eskimo Lodge and two Quickfish IIIs. As far as weight it is going to be comparable to any flip style house that size, it is BIG.

They are nice, if you can get a good deal on it, then get it. I find a lot of the portables are a lot a like now. There are some differences but have a lot of the same characteristics. I would get one you can stand up in and go as big as you can for now. Not always needed, but nice to have the space. I have my otter two and now have one that is a monster at 10' wide, 9' tall & 16' from front to back. Can't wait to get that beast on the ice!!

If they aren't modified, they don't weight much. It depends on what you put in for your gear too. The more you put in the heavier it gets. I use a heater/cooker in mine with a 20 lb tank and you have to turn it off or you bake out of it.