• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tool shop air tools

eyemaster

Has anyone used these in the past? I am remodling my house and thinking about buying one of the finishing nailers. I won't use it much after the project that I have. I like them because of the price, but am also concerned with them because of the price.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I would buy a Bostich for a little more $ . They are a great tool , I have 8 of them ,all different and one paslode which I do not like as well.Just my .02

Bud

Eye... pick one up you will not be sorry! I got one when I did a room downstairs and have used it a bunch since then as well! I put the trim back up on the windows and base boards in several rooms now and not one hammer mark! You have to really look to see where them lil buggers go in! I got a Porter Cable one and have been very happy with it. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

That is exactly the purpose for these tools. Small homeowner projects is what they are made for. Would I buy one?? No way, but I use my tools quite often and time is money. If I needed it for one job or two, I wouldn't flinch at buying a cheaper brand tool.

Sometimes people buy tools that are far too expensive for their needs. If it's not used to make money, it's not worth spending big money on it. This is just what I have found with small power tools.

Maybe nothing wrong with them. I have never used that brand. You could also look for a used one at a pawn shop or on line or buy a better quality nail gun and sell it when you're done with it. They sure make easy work of trimming!

I bought the air compressor/brad nail gun combo a few years ago when my compressor rusted out. The compressor only gave me troubles when blowing out a park model trailer for the winter. Had it running for quite some time and it got HOT. Checked it and it was very low on oil. I figured it was a gonner but put more fluid in and she still pumps up the tires, blows out the motor home and the other small jobs I do. I haven't used the nail gun yet but will this winter. Hope that helps.

Got the Porter Cable pancake compressor for our new build project, with framing, brad, finishing and staple guns. I thought I'd never use it again, but have since used it for a lot of things. Went out and got the inflation kits and use them to inflate tires on the ATV, cars, boat trailer etc. Also picked up the blower and use it to blast the workshop, garage etc. clean. Very handy tool, never had trouble with it.

Well I dont know much about the Tool Shop air tools, but I did just by a Tool Shop hand-held jig saw tonight. I just needed it for one thing, probably only use it once a year or so. And after using it tonight I thought it was great for 20 bucks.

Some years ago I used to work at Menards out in the lumber yard, and from time to time used Tool Shop tools and thought they were junk! We'd always go for the high end Bosch stuff. But now maybe my opinion of them has changed some and there OK. If I was going to use it on a day to day job site, no way would I get them, but for once a month use there good. Now I have had some problems with there hand tools, such as ratchets and tapes. But there pliers and those things seem good or OK.

Also on a side note my local Menards was discontinuing some of there Master Force cirular saws for $50 bucks, reg. price was around $90. But I didnt go for it because I thought Master Force, since its a Menards brand, was junk. Went over to Lowes and they had a Porter Cable saw for $60 bucks. Bought it to only find out that it was a re-bagged Black and Decker saw. The Master Force had more power and came with a nice case, bigger and thicker base, etc. Now I wish I went for the Master Force, since I feel that it is a good brand. But oh well the Porter Cable/Back and Decker does what I need it to do.

Well anyways I'm rammbling on and on, I'd say if you only going to use it once or twice, I'd say go for it.

Have a jig saw and drill by tool shop. Love the drill. it outperformed my dads high price drill when building my deck this summer. As for the saw, its just ok. Have broken a pipe wrench by tool shop. I would say power tools are ok but stay away from hand tools.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.