• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brian Bass...

Maximum12

They said Span is up for good. Time to trade CUDDY for a shutdown set-up man.

We have 2 great set-up men?.

We won't trade Cuddy one we don't make rash decisions on short samplings I think we need to see more of Span before we declair him the next best thing to Kirby.

So he "span" can now hit lefties after hitting around a BUCK for his career?

What happens when there is actually a scouting report on Span???

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
They said Span is up for good. Time to trade CUDDY for a shutdown set-up man.

We have 2 great set-up men?.

We won't trade Cuddy one we don't make rash decisions on short samplings I think we need to see more of Span before we declair him the next best thing to Kirby.

So he "span" can now hit lefties after hitting around a BUCK for his career?

What happens when there is actually a scouting report on Span???

maybe he'll be a .269 hitter then and avg 18 HRs 118 strike outs with 79 rbis ....I dont even have to say whats coming next

This guy is terrible. Every time he is put in he messes up the game. The few strikes he throws are always smacked into a gap. Like tonight, he goes in to get a couple outs, but instead the mariners tie the game. He is easily the worst in our bullpen, hands down.

Unbelievable! If your looking for a reason why we aren't going to win the AL Central, just take a look at our bullpen.

Guerrier has been bad this year. Crain has been no better. I don't think bass has ever been good. Even Breslow couldn't get an out tonight.

Man our starters are really going to need to pitch from here on out. That's our only bright spot along with Joe Nathan.

I would agree that a contending team does not loose a game when up that many runs late in the game.

Very,very poor bull-pen showing. Couldn't we have put someone in to still win the game than to test these dudes all in one night?

I didn't think they'd miss Neschek that much. Funny how you can pull one piece out of a pretty solid bullpen & it messes up everyone (except Rock-Solid Joe). Instead of the 7th all the sudden Crain & Guerrier are pitching the 8th, & while they've been solid in their old roles, can't seem to handle their new roles.

I've said it before & I'll say it again: screw the power-hitting third baseman! Forget a veteran starter or shortstop. What this team really needs is a competent bridge to Nathan. There have been too many of these meltdowns in the past month or so & it's going to be tough to hold off the Sox if the Twins can't hold leads like they've done so well the past several years.

Side note: the Mariners practically gave away Arthur Rhodes. Why couldn't the Twins have snagged him?