• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Ripley Hunt??? Anybody else going solo this year?

I went up there for my first time 3 years ago and just had a blast and would love to go again this year, but all my buddies are either busy with work or out of state hunting themselves this year and I have wanted to go up there for the last couple of years and last year I ended up going mule deer hunting in Colorado for the first time during the Ripley hunt, Don't get me wrong Colorado was AWESOME to say the least, but this year I really want to go up there and really don't have much interest in hunting alone (mostly for safety reasons. For one it's boring and for two I like having comeradery around camp or just someone to shoot the [PoorWordUsage] with.

I have a nice 6x12 fish house on wheels to use as a camper, I have been bowhunting since I was 15 and now 32 and I live and breath the deer and love hunting them and someday when my twins are old enough I want to start a father-son tradition of going up there, but that will be about 12 years or so yet.

I would be open to either weekend

I applied for the first hunt. Been going solo the last 4 years and arrowed a doe last year. Opened a group ID for some guys at work and I. All the talk is "yeah, i'm coming and he is bringing 2 buddies", yada yada yada. Happens every year and no one ends up coming and I end up going myself which is better anyway. Don't have to put up with the drunk guys and end up babysitting them.

Good luck to all.

I have hunted Ripley twice and that was years ago. At that time, there was no such thing as peace and quiet. Way to many hunters for that.

maybe there is a corner but you may have to do some scouting to find it.

Good luck.

guys - keep in mind that they switched up the season this year. both hunts are sunday & monday!

I'll be up there too, this will be our 5th year I think.

Biff - how's the food at fat jakes or whatever it's called wink

I arrowed my doe last year at 9:45 am and didn't see a soul. I dragged it out, registered it and drove back and there was still no one there. If there was one piece of advice I would give it would be to sit all day. Let everyone else push the deer to you. There are many places to find by yourself. Take a compass, map, or GPS and go for a walk and find that secret spot. I would say 85% of the people hunt close to the roads where the drag is easier. Don't be afraid of dragging long distances as the deer of a lifetime is worth it.

Rogers- It's Fat Jack's, you would never catch me eating at a rip club. Although some locals say they do have good food.

Go to anyplace you would buy a license and ask to apply for the Ripley Archery Hunt. Pick a season - 1st or 2nd. Decide whether or not you want to apply alone, start a group or join a group. Pay $8.

I went up there alone my first time. I had a some friends sitting on the fence about it for years but wouldn't go because we didn't know anything about it. I got tired of waiting. Now we have a group and its a standard, planned hunt (provided we draw).

I heard a rumor that the season change this year was due to conflicts with training manuevers. Don't know if thats true or not, just what I heard.

anyone know or have the answer to the following question.

If my brother 15 years old has applied for the YOUTH SPECIAL HUNTS can he still apply for the CAMP RIPLEY archery hunt with me as a group?