• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silly Season

Wow, lots of stuff happening or allegedly happening anyway.

Stewart is supposedly announcing within the month that he is buying the Haas CNC team with Office Depot/Old Spice as sponsors. His teammate will be Ryan Newman with Jack Daniels on his car. UPS is moving from Mikey's circus to Bowyer's car.

What about DEI selling?

From Racingone.com:

"Already with sponsor General Mills in hand, Childress is reportedly speaking with Mears, Stremme and Martin Truex, Jr., who is not a lock to return to DEI for 2009.

In fact, Sirius Speedway reported this week that DEI owner Teresa Earnhardt is considering selling the team in part or completely, leaving more questions than answers at the operation."

a couple of years ago DEI with Jr and the Bud sponsorship, no one would had thought this scenario. Things are chganging fast.

racing...I still don't understand the excitement....but I guess it all boils down to just kickin back and having a few beers don't it?
This is a big part of it!

Teresa must be a very good owner if all of her drivers have either left or want to leave. I hope she sell to someone who will bring this team back to one of the top again. By the sounds of it there is a very interested party looking to buy.

News now is claiming the Stewart deal is a done deal and a press conference is forthcoming to announce he's out at Gibbs at the end of the year. MAJOR SHOCKER FOR HIM TO LEAVE THAT TEAM...

Not a good move for Stewart to leave that Toyota Horsepower. Now he is going to go to that team and waste his money. Oh well thats fine with me. Logano will jump his car next season and compete well.

Sorry Tony. You will be whining more next year.

Tony & JGR have officially announced that Tony will not be with them next year. They parted on good terms, and Zippy will stay with JGR. It sounds like there will be a official announcment of Tony's future plans (Hass ownership) at Indianapolis next week.

Glad to see racism is alive and well.

BULL! What a crock!!!! mad If supporting American businesses makes you a racist, then not only am I proud to be one, but I would argue we need a whole lot more in this country!

SUPPORT AMERICA!!!!!!!!!! Buy a Chevy!!!

The sad part is that they make a BETTER PRODUCT. If they want people to Buy American then they would try and make the quality of the products equal to what Toyota makes.

Heck Chevy is as much Mexican as Toyota is Japanese now so I don't understand how some still think this way. It is silly.

The sad part is that they make a BETTER PRODUCT.

Yeah their full size trucks and luxury cars are so good... LOL.

I'll walk before I get stuck in a Camry or Civic.... grin

Give me a GM and an extra fuel pump and intake gasket and I'm good to go!!!!

Go USA.. wink

Got this from Jayski.com, The deal is done!

Stewart Joins Haas to form Stewart-Haas Racing in 2009: During a press conference at Chicagoland Speedway Thursday, Tony Stewart announced that he is joining with Haas CNC Racing to form Stewart-Haas Racing in 2009. Some notes from the press conference:Stewart and Joe Custer, General Manager of Haas Racing, appeared together to make the announcment. Stewart said that owning World of Outlaw and USAC teams fed his interest in ownership in NASCAR. Ownership is now a side of him that he enjoys, that is important to him and that he wants to do the rest of his life Stewart was offered half of the team in the deal. He did not say if he purchased his half or if it was given to him as a part of the deal. A driver decision for the second car has not been made. The team is looking at who is available and will make a decision later. There were no sposnor announcements or car number announcements [stewart reportedly would like the #14 because it was A.J. Foyt's number]. There are no plans to move the team to Indianapolis. It's critical for NASCAR teams to be close to Charlotte.(7-10-2008)

Originally Posted By: PikeBayCommanche

Go USA.. wink

lexus (toyota) is continually the highest rated least problem per 100 make that there is

Originally Posted By: PikeBayCommanche

Go USA.. wink

Classic post from someone who has never owned one. How bout that "Check Engine" light. Lol.

Is the reason that the Camry is one of the all-time most reliable cars because they suck??

I buy plenty of USA made quality products but when it comes to a vehicle, unless they can improve it just is not happening.

Hendrick equipment junk? Laughable.

I bet Tony is happy to be back to apple pie and Chevrolet instead of egg rolls and Toyota.

usa.gif

Shall we elaborate

Hendrick Hand me downs are junk

Tony is not going to be happy driving these cars.