Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hoggs222

Hot peppers?

11 posts in this topic

I am growing some hot peppers. Jalapeno, Serrano, Habanero, Hot Bananna and Super Chili's.

My question is how long does it take these to start budding? I've already got Hot bananna and super chilis growing but the Habanero, Serrano & Jalapeno's aren't getting there yet.

Mine are just starting to show signs of flowers,We need some HOT weather.They'll go

Yeah its still a bit early for the hot peppers. Give them a few more weeks of insane heat.

Cool. My bell peppers & cherry tomatoes are growing like crazy. I have some flowers on the romas, but nothing else.

We've tried growing Habanero's in Lino for the last couple of years. All direct sun and we only get one or two very late in the season. Maybe it's all of the sand but ours don't grow so well.

Mike

When mine are ready to be picked at about first frost, they take awhile.

I planted four jalapenos at the same time and they appeared to be the same size and from the same stock. One is almost ready to start harvesting, two are about midway, and the fourth is just barely starting to show buds. I thought the fourth one was going to be a dud, but it seems to be coming along, I guess it just takes some patience sometimes.

I just looked today and have one HUGE jalapeno. It's around 3" long now. Can these things grow this fast or did I just miss it?

Also, it seems that the rain/wind yesterday sort of uprooted some of my jalapenos. Can I just push down at the base to re-set them?

Steak em & tie,Ya you missed it their hard to see at times,after ya steak em just step around the root area to compact the soil.

Have any of you started picking anything yet? I've got a few hot banana peppers that I think I'm gonna try picking tonight. They're pretty big.

Made some pepper kabobs on Saturday, no onions are ready yet.

O-Bell/Beef/Bell/Beef/Jalopeno/Beef/Banana/Beef/Bell/Beef---

Tasty, tasty