• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot peppers?

hoggs222

I am growing some hot peppers. Jalapeno, Serrano, Habanero, Hot Bananna and Super Chili's.

My question is how long does it take these to start budding? I've already got Hot bananna and super chilis growing but the Habanero, Serrano & Jalapeno's aren't getting there yet.

I planted four jalapenos at the same time and they appeared to be the same size and from the same stock. One is almost ready to start harvesting, two are about midway, and the fourth is just barely starting to show buds. I thought the fourth one was going to be a dud, but it seems to be coming along, I guess it just takes some patience sometimes.

I just looked today and have one HUGE jalapeno. It's around 3" long now. Can these things grow this fast or did I just miss it?

Also, it seems that the rain/wind yesterday sort of uprooted some of my jalapenos. Can I just push down at the base to re-set them?