• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Minaki Area Reports

I was on the English River 2 weeks ago. The fishing was starting to pick up. The water temps were in the mid 60's. But it was fairly warm and supposedly has been warm all last week.

Muskie dude

I will be heading up on the 18th for 7days I would be interested in how you do. We normally fish big and little sand and the river up into roughrock. have pulled some big skis out just fishing for eyes and casting for smallies

I will be leaving on the 19th so swing on by Paridise Cove and I will be happy to share some reports. I have a 19ft Monark with a 125 saltwater merc.

Scott

Which location 1 or 2 we will be over at Fergies Corner next to Jack's bait across from the marina. I have a 16' sylvan with custom paint and a new 50hp yamaha. you up for the week?

Nice to see there is going to be some competion on the waters this year I was thinking it would be a quite one this year. with gas and all. What or who is the MPLS MI group? I will just be up with 5 frieds for a group of 6 people - 3 boats.

How did it go up at Minaki? I'm heading up there with my dad july 26th through august 2nd. Looks like the water will be higher and cooler than the last time I was there at the end of july. Fish mostly using the weeds etc.??

The fishing was pretty slow when we were up. We only boated 2: 50.5 & 34.25. Fish were in the smaller rock & cabbage areas but had not moved to the cabbage flats. If any fish were around the flats they were positioned just off the edge. I am sure that will change by the time you are up. The water was still pretty cool 66-67. We found some warmer surface temps in the 70's and the muskies seemed to be moving in those areas.

Scott

Fishing was GREAT! a bit slower then the last few years at this time. Mostly due to water levels and temp I am guessing. our big fish 44.5 Muskie 42 Northern and a boat load of walleye between 26 - 28.5 we had 6 meals of walleye and brought home our limits on a 7 day trip

We did pretty well on our trip. Fished sun-thurs morning and boated 8 muskies and and lost 5 others we had hooks into. Smallest was 35.5" and biggest was a 49" avg of 42.5". Most of our fish were rock oriented.

Chad

I ended up with 6 in the boat to 42 lost 3 that I saw but didn't make it into the net. A couple creeper debacles and some other good fun. Dad managed 2 smaller ones on top water and I bet he only fish muskies for 3 hours. Only found 2 in the 4foot class and one in the 50 class but could not get them to go. Fun trip even though I couldn't really find the big fish that I know are swimming around up there. Weedy bays the first couple days then a mix of rocks and weeds the rest of the trip. Fish of the trip was a 43.5in tank of a pike.

Just got back from 4 great days of fishing in Minaki. The water levels have gone down a lot from the past trip that my fellow anglers went on in July. Fishing was un real. In four days we were able to boat over 200 walleyes, the biggest was 28 ½ inchs. We did really good on catching a lot of good size slot fish and caught a lot of 19 to 22 inch fish. I was lucky enough to catch a 36in Muskie on 8 pound test line!!! Boat control was really key, being able to sit and hold on a spot and follow the fish around is why we caught so many fish.

If anyone is heading up there fishing was great all week long!!!! grin