• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wabanna Lake Near Grand Rapids

I_Got_One

I am going up to wabanna on july 25 and staying for a couple of days. I am looking for some information regarding walleyes and pike.

I looked at the lake maps and it is pretty much a deep bowl and for this reason i am wondering if the walleyes are normally suspended under the tullibees.

Is the panfishing any good.

Deep bowl? Go to mapquest and type in Grand Rapids, then go north of town and zoom in on Wabana Lake and hit the "arial image" up in the right corner. You'll see some of the structure and sunken islands that are out there. Just don't go flying across the lake cause you could hit some rock. As for fishing, lots of panfish but you'll do some sorting for anything to keep. Bass fishing for both lmb and smb is awesome. I've never had much luck w/ gators up there. As for walleyes, jig and shiner in about 15' of water in the evening was working 2 weeks ago. You'll also catch some nice bass going w/ a jig and minnow. We usually slip bobber fish on some structure in the evenings w/ leeches and catch a little bit of everything. Dont forget to check out Bluewater and especially Little and Big Trout lakes. Awesome scenery!!

Brian