Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chasineyes

Wanna Bet??

24 posts in this topic

Anyone wanna bet that T-paw will be cutting the ribbon for the new 35W bridge at some point during the Republican convention??

Guess I never thought of it that way, but it would be cool if he did because that would mean the road would be open around Labor Day

Cutting the ribbon AND accepting the invitation from McCain for VP?

Wonder how many black helicopters will be hovering wink

Would be nice to see it just open one day, no fanfare, no ribbon cutting.

Quote:
Would be nice to see it just open one day, no fanfare, no ribbon cutting.

Like that would ever happen??? You know some politician is gonna be in the limelight talking about how hard he worked to get this done for the public. smirk

Wanna bet OBERSTAR is front row. He will surely be grabbing the spotlight if at all possible. That is if he remembers where MN actually is.

Good one Wade... Ha.

But really from a guy who wore ribbons on his chest for accomplishments. Really. Let them bask in jobs actually completed. At least it will get done. Who is going to stand out on the Wakota Bridge and cut a tape. Who would allow traffic to be stopped long enough.

That disaster has already missed its date and has a long way to go.

Pawlenty taking credit for a transportation intiative, hilarious. I sure hope Carol Molnau is there beside him.

Oh that's right, T-Paw fixed it so the bridge would fall so he could have it built up again by the time the Reps came here. I'm sure the time line has nothing to do with the huge insentives the company building it is getting. On top of that no Rep can do any good ever in this state as they are pure EVIL!!!

Wanna bet OBERSTAR is front row. He will surely be grabbing the spotlight if at all possible. That is if he remembers where MN actually is.
Dont forget Coleman and klobuchar will be elbowing for position also. I wonder who's gonna have the biggest elbow upper cut. Coleman has more at stake so I lean towards his upper cut to be stronger.

Pawlenty taking credit for a transportation intiative, hilarious. I sure hope Carol Molnau is there beside him.
She wont be there she already got her money from that land deal out west

That mongeloud looking Klobuchar will be up front. As least she has a stray eye to keep on Coleman while she's looking on though.

Oh that's right, T-Paw fixed it so the bridge would fall so he could have it built up again by the time the Reps came here. I'm sure the time line has nothing to do with the huge insentives the company building it is getting. On top of that no Rep can do any good ever in this state as they are pure EVIL!!!

Now you're just being silly again. I wish that gynormous post count of yours had more to do with quality than quantity. Libs this, dems that. That approach, employed by a great many, has gotten all of us all diddly and is ever so tiresome.

I have voted for Mr. Pawlenty and will do so again based upon his commitment to fiscal resposnsibility; something this state is always in need of. My major complaint with him is his continued opposition to something a strong economy must have; an adequate, if not robust, transportation system. At least he finally came around on the Northstar rail after initially getting in the way of that too.

The Dems in this state get most of it wrong, but at least they had the nuts to get transportation right paid for by the users.

Quote:
Now you're just being silly again.

That's what I do and I do it well. Why would you want to take polotics or anything on the interent so serious that you get all tied up in knots? No reason too. And it's no more humorous to me than what say people say about him planning to have this or that done so he looks good for the convetions. Has nothing to do with that. He has done some very good things since he's been in and we aren't sitting in the black all the time.

Quote:
The Dems in this state get most of it wrong, but at least they had the nuts to get transportation right paid for by the users.

Yea raising the gas tax when we are paying record highs at the pump. mad They are some real genious' in there. I think they should next gouge diabetics on taxes for their insoline.

Why would you want to take polotics or anything on the interent so serious that you get all tied up in knots? No knots here. Just asking for less rhetoric and more insightful analysis.

Yea raising the gas tax when we are paying record highs at the pump. mad They are some real genious' in there.

Let's let all of the roads go to [PoorWordUsage]. Problem solved. While the timing isn't convenient, the need is real after long-term negligence. Carol Molnau as Head of Tranportation is all the evidence you need. You suppose she cleans the Governor's mansion too. laugh

I enjoy Sandmannd's contribution to FM. Not everybody is gonna have the same point of veiw. I think his post are of quality and substance even though I disagree with him on some things.

That said, The fiscal resposability you refer to is all accomplished by slapping huge amounts of on anything he can get his hands on. And the majority of those fee's are directed towards a certain class off people.

This adminastration has neglected or put on the back buner repairs to our system in order to push through other projects of intrest. He is shoving ethonal down our throats wile giving millions of $$ of subsidies to these ethenal owners when they are making huge profits and sistain there buisness without the help of the gov. Who is he working for the Ethenal investors or the State of Minnesota. The dum_ sh_t wanted to put an ethanal plant in south west Minnesota where water supply is already in short demand.

I enjoy Sandmannd's contribution to FM. Not everybody is gonna have the same point of veiw. I think his post are of quality and substance even though I disagree with him on some things.

Thanks man, I aprreciate that. I would agree with you that we don't have the same views, but as said before, I'm sure if we were all fishing together we would have a blast and that's what it's all about. Just cause I disagree with some or have different views, doesn't mean I don't have respect for all. Still doesn't mean I don't like to tease or pick on ya!! cool

Just cause I disagree with some or have different views, doesn't mean I have respect for all. Still doesn't mean I don't like to tease or pick on ya!! cool

Is that a Bushism?

They could have used bonding to pay for the bridge and other transpo issues, but then they wouldn't be able to raise taxes to put MN near the top of the list of highest taxed states. What fun is that? smirk So instead they jacked up our taxes and STILL had a massive bonding bill to build polar bear exhibits and numerous hockey arenas amongst other frivolous pet projects. Yeah, that's Molnau fault alright. They went on a witch hunt and she was the target, yet had nothing to do with a bridge built to substandard specs under a state government controlled by the democrats at that time.

It may have been a witch hunt but she still had the information The bridge and others like it were in bad shape but she and others chose to look the other way.

Yeah, that's Molnau fault alright. They went on a witch hunt and she was the target, yet had nothing to do with a bridge built to substandard specs under a state government controlled by the democrats at that time.

My point was not that she was responsible for the bridge falling, which would be as silly as your assertion that the democratic legislators of the time were to blame, (you sure practice the misdirection game). But rather her history and record of her department during her tenure is indicative of Pawlenty's lack of commitment to what I consider to be a very important part of a strong economy: an effective transportation system.

That's exactly why I pointed that out because it's ridiculous to put the blame on Molnau as some are wont to do.

Oh, and if anyone thinks that Steve Murphy won't be there with his crooked smile you are sorely mistaken. That is unless someone else needs screwing over and he can't make it to the ceremony.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Just cause I disagree with some or have different views, doesn't mean I have respect for all. Still doesn't mean I don't like to tease or pick on ya!! cool

Is that a Bushism?

Naw, that's all me, I call them Shaneism's. cool