Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CodyDawg

Number our starters

14 posts in this topic

We got to talking about the Twins starters this weekend and it really tugs at the brain a little. If the playoffs started soon and we had a playoff berth wrapped up, how would you arrange the rotation (and as long as you are at it, list the #4 and #5 starters as well). Here are mine, although it is a tough call:

#1 Baker (best potential?)

#2 Slowey (best control?)

#3 Livan (most experience)

#4 Perk (best makeup?)

#5 Blackburn (most consistent?)

Just for the experience level I would probably have Livan as #1 followed by Baker, Baclkburn/Slowey (doesn't matter what order), and the Glen.

I agree with Dink mostly

1. Livan

2. Blackburn

3. Baker

4. Slowey

5. Perkins

Swap Slowey and perkins in my book bradyd.. I like Blackburn on the mound, seems to have a pretty quick learning curve.

Do a random number drawing to pick the order. I don't think it matters. Livan is more valuable to the young picthers in the dugout. His seven innings and 5 runs will be a killer in the playoffs. If we make the playoffs Livan would be my 4th or 5th starter. I like the the young guys better in that situation. I just think they have better stuff. I realize its tough to reorder your rotation for the playoffs. If I could I go Blackburn, Baker, Perkins, Slowey, Pray for rain....

Walleye guy you hit it right on the head Livian is scary. I bet if they make the playoffs he's Gardy's #1 just cause of the experience.

We need to send Gardy the link to FM... Not that he would follow my advice. Keep in mind that Gardy didn't pitch Kenny Rogers afew years ago in the playoffs. We lost the first series so maybe we should pitch the wiley (slow, average stuff) in the playoffs.

I agree with Walleye Guy except for the Kenny Rogers part he was pitching terribly at that time.

Baker, Liriano, Blackburn, Slowey, Perkins

Try and trade LIvan for anything you can get that might help in the next year or two!

Baker, Liriano, Blackburn, Slowey, Perkins

Try and trade LIvan for anything you can get that might help in the next year or two!

High praise for Baker and Perkins in the number 5 hole shows how good these guys have been. Livan could eat up a lot of middle relief for a young squad.

Good point Big Tom, Livan could be a good relief pitcher especially when used after a good fast ball pitcher like Crain or Reyes his off speed (low speed) pitching could really throw off the batters.

If we are worried about playoff order...its likely not going to matter. Lets say we make the playoffs this year. We aren't going to have a monster lead where we can set up the rotation specially. We will likely have to battle for to the wire.

Lets just hope setting the playoff rotation is a problem Gardy has to decide on!

There is such a fine line between the talent of our young starters. They have all shined at one point in this season.

That said, here is my list... But there's not much of a difference between them.

1. Baker

2. Blackburn

3. Slowey

4. Perkins

5. Hernandez