• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seattle in September

DTro

I plan to be in the Seattle area during the later part of September. I will basically be on my own for a few days as my wife will be attending a seminar.

Looks like you can jump on a charter boat for Salmon fairly easy there on the coast, but I was also thinking perhaps taking a side trip to the Columbia for Sturgeon and or Walleye.

I would appreciate info anyone might have about fishing in the area or perhaps suggestions or recommendations.

Please do not post any contact info for guides though. Thanks

it all depends on how far you want to go. you can drive out to westport and take a charter out in the ocean or theres the pugdet sound that has charters or find one that will go up the snoqualmie river. the salmon should be running in sept.

I will be on the Columbia this weekend going after the 400+ lb sturgeon. Been out there 3 times doing that. You will need a guide for the Columbia but I think the sturgeon season is about done by then. From what I recall, May thru July and sometimes into August are good. I don't know if they close it down but you could check the Oregon fish and game. I believe most guides change gears and target the salmon on the ocean come August and Sept. I will try to quiz my guide this weekend and let you know. He is top notch so when you get closer I would be happy to get you his info. if you are interested.