• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This big thing slammed my senko....

I was fishing on lake Sarah last night, throwing a wacky rigged Senko when something slammed it hard. It took off running, and after about a minute I figured out it was a huge carp. Took just under 10 minutes to get it in the boat...bent landing net and all. I usually don't make hay over carp, but this thing was 36" and massive!!! How much do you think this pig weighed?

bigcarp1-1-1.jpg

I'd guess right around the 30's....huge carp man, too bad they destroy ecosystems in the lakes....fun to catch though so it's kind of a catch 22.....only took u about 10 minutes to haul that beast in tho...that's pretty good!

that is a beautiful looking fish man. We just caught a 33" a while ago that also had a nice belly and weighed in at 17 lbs 5 oz. Based on that I'd estimate yours to be 22-25 lbs range. Awesome fish man.

Wow! I had the same thing happen today only the carp wasn't worth writing home about. I've noticed the carp feeding rather aggressively the past few weeks on the lakes. Nice pig! Look at the girth!

That big thing is a georgeous carp! Fanastic lines and color.

That is an English fisher's wet dream!

I have no clue how much she weighs - we measure the weight of some we caught in June. See the Bonus carp lake Michigan post. The carp I'm holding in that picture was just under 14lbs. We caught a couple huge ones like that and they measured about 20lbs.

Somewhere in the low 20's? Holy Carp! lol....I've shot plenty of carp in the low 20's and one a hair over 30....that fish looks to be in the low 30's easy. Nice fish!

Biggest carp I've ever seen out of the water. Nice going! I've seen some 50s on Lake Michigan and in Lake Erie... def want to go carp fishing out there sometime. But dang man, nice catch!!!!!