• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnewaska

MNBassGuy

Anyone know anything about Lake Minnewaska? I'm heading up there on Friday to do some prefishing. I'm basically starting from scratch with the maps.

I hear there are some dandy smallmouth in there, but that they're tough to find after they have spawned.

The type of fishing on Minnewaska is very similar to Green Lake. You should be able to use the same presentations on there as you did on Green. (i seen pictures of you holding smallies in the picture post) From what i found this lake is loaded with smallies so you know the drill with them hard bottom. grin

Bass Bonanza was out there but the winning team won on Largemouth. Actually there was very few Smallmouth weighed in. Typically largemouth win events on that body of water after the spawn is done.

The lake is loaded with dandy largemouth and smallmouth. It'll probably take a 3.5lb average to win right now. The bulk of the smallmouth finished spawning about 3 weeks ago and should be ready to really feed, but don't ignore the largies. We won the Wed. night tournament last week and pulled over 20 3pounders off of one small spot in a short period of time. We had a hair under 17lbs. total on 5 fish. You'll have a good time out there.

It is true, the smallmouth have really started to blow up in that lake. I feel more comfortable fishing for the largemouth out there, mostly because I have primarily fished them in the past. It's a great lake and a lot of fun to fish.

the term "pros" is used alittle too loosely around here I prefer to call them boaters. any yahoo with a checkbook can fish as a "pro" the ones who get paid are the only ones who are. hence the difference between professional and amature. Sorry but I have fished a few pro-ams where the boaters ask me for spots because they have not put anytime into prefishing it.