• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coke Zero 400

Jeff Gordon seemed a little too happy go lucky when they interviewed him after the race. Where is his passion? Maybe hes too rich to care anymore...hes got more things to worry about (like 50 jeff gordon product lines) than winning races.

If I had a supermodel wife and loads of cash, I couldn't wait to get home either!

The G-W-C was the most exciting part of the race. You know what they say....leave them sitting at the edge of their seats so they remember to come back next time. I'm sure NASCAR has that figured out too.

The finish really isn't at lap 160 anymore, it's three laps prior because it's almost a given that there will be a wreck during the G-W-C and the leader at lap 157 is probably going to be the winner anyway. I'd rather see them race back to the finish line at these restrictor plate tracks, IMO.

I cannot believe how they can keep those COT's from wrecking compared to the previous cars. I suppose it's like racing garbage trucks where they just bounce off each other with these boxy cars. smile

The Talladega race was the best race of the year though and hope it's just as good this fall. There was a lot of passing and action the entire time. Daytona has lost some of it's spark.

The Talladega race was the best race of the year though and hope it's just as good this fall. There was a lot of passing and action the entire time. Daytona has lost some of it's spark.

'and it was on FOX! grin

You guys like those clowns on FOX! Ick.

I really long for the Bob Jenkins and Ned Jarret types of race broadcasting. I do like Mike Joy, but those other two gigglers drive me nuts. Bill Weber may be the worst broadcaster motorsports has ever known.

I have reached the point where I cannot bear to watch much of these broadcasts. However, I really like listening to these events on MRN radio affiliates. I know, it kind of defeats the purpose (kind of like listening to golf?), but I rarely feel underinformed about the race.

Bill Weber may be the worst broadcaster motorsports has ever known.

No question.

I hear what you're saying about DW and Larry Mac, but it's the lesser of two evils when you put them up against Weber and Petty, along with the others on TNT's crew.....except Lindsay of course. grinblush

Since we are raggin on TNT, what do you guys think about their chinsy body lift off on their display car. Just hook a couple cables up and pull it off one j e r k at a time. I am almost embarassed to watch when they operate that thing. For all the money they are spending, why not do something cool?

Speaking of Weber, how about his comment during the race: "The good news, we haven't had the 'big one'. The bad news, we haven't had the 'big one'." So what is that supposed to mean? TNT is that desperate for ratings that they are hoping for the pile up? geesh. Talk about blood-thirsty.

I also liked Carl Edwards' comment about the Busch brothers not liking each other very much and he figured Kurt would help push him to the win. LOL. Even The Rat's own brother can't stand him. grin

Speaking of Weber, how about his comment during the race: "The good news, we haven't had the 'big one'. The bad news, we haven't had the 'big one'." So what is that supposed to mean? TNT is that desperate for ratings that they are hoping for the pile up? geesh. Talk about blood-thirsty.

I heard that too, although I thought that I had misunderstood his statement. What a moron for saying that.