Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeeDee

Night Photos

8 posts in this topic

Wanted to try again to take some night time photos untill my sister stole my camera and took this one, I told her it was just beginners luck. I wont tell you what her response was... Anyhow I cropped it and took out the light pole unfortunatley you can see where it was. (i have to work on that) There are spots on the lens I think its her finger prints. Any suggestions on making it better are ALWAYS welcome.

tracyssunset1-1.jpg

Dee Dee, I think the spots are dust specks on the sensor. If she used a smaller aperture, say f11 to f22, those specks show up more easily. The more you stop down the aperature the plainer they become.

My pp on things like removing objects from sky is to use the cloning brush (with a fairly large brush selected), making sure I've got a feathered-edge brush instead of a sharp-edged one, and sample from the color immediately alongside the thing I'm trying to clone out so it's not easy to see. You can also decrease the opacity of the cloning to help mend edges that are still visible.

I use photoshop CS2 for this. Not sure what you're using. There are quite a few ways to remove objects, and mine is only one of them. Others have other ways that are just as good.

With the light towers gone, it's a gorgeous composition, begginer's luck or not. gringrin

I use Elements 6.0 I used the cloning brush but I am going to try again with your suggestions.

Dee Dee, with a vertical tower like that, I'd grab a sample just to the right of the bottom of the tower and drag it all the way up the tower. It will keep duplicating what's just to the left of the tower, erasing the tower. Then go to the lower right side and do the same thing. I do this at 100 percent opacity and then go in and mend and blend with opacity around 50 percent.

It's just a matter of practice and experimentation. The more of both you do, the better the results.

That sure is purty. All it needs is a flock of geese flying by.

Actually, fingerprints on a lens won't normally show up in a photo. Anything that close to the lens would be so out of focus, that it would be rendered invisible.

ok here it is again I used the spot heatling to remove the spec's of whatever and the clone stamp on the light pole. I think its stll alittle crappy but better?

tracyssunset1.jpg

DeeDee, I think that looks great. I know where the poles were and I really can't tell. If I didn't know where they were I'd never be able to tell. Very good job with the cloning.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   My Father-in-law (a master plumber) always used to say you only need to know 3 things to be a plumber:          sh*t doesn't run uphill         payday is on Friday         the boss is an ahole      
    • I've been getting them at Costco,  I've checked slyvee and sams but never see them.  Although one of the butcher's at slyvee says he can get them which might not be a bad idea since you can have some fat cut off before you pay per #. I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and it was about 2.80 a #, which isn't too bad yet considering bacon in the store can run quite a bit more than that.  You making bacon or doing pork belly burnt ends moon lake?
    • Excellent summer fishing.  Charters catching strong numbers.  Jig/minnow or jig/leech and bouncers with spinners with crawlers or minnows still producing walleyes. When the wind is right for pulling spinners, they have been lights out.  Walleyes being caught in varying depths, 7-31' of water.  Some shallow shorelines still producing. Pike mixed in all over the lake.    Walleyes in the Rainy River with a better morning/evening bite.  Trolling cranks or pulling spinners a good idea to cover more water. Smallmouth bass are out and about along shorelines and feeder streams. Sturgeon fishing opens again Saturday, July 1st.     Up at the NW Angle, water temps are in the low to mid 60’s. Wind blown shorelines are giving up walleyes via leeches or crankbaits along the weed line. Crawlers on a  gold and/or orange spinner are producing fish out of the mud between 22 - 26 feet. On the Canadian side, bottom bouncers and spinners have been filling the livewells outside of monument bay between 24-28 feet.  Jigging near Skeet and Kennedy Islands have produced nice sized walleye and numerous perch. Great smallmouth action in Tranquil channel and the mouth of Johnston passage. Muskie fishing picking up with high 40” class fish being caught with a few 50's from shallow bottom bays or adjacent to them.
    • Busy time of year out there so if u get canceled it is hard to rebook especially with the smaller operations. Bummer though as it can be a lot of fun if they are biting. 
    • I understand that you never really know when the Warriors are going to fall off or if they even will.  Hopefully the Wolves can make the playoffs and gain some experience, maybe teach the rest of the team how to play defense, so that in a few years we are knocking on the door and can lure in a top free agent to put us over the edge.  Its just an awful tough time to be a good team right now with the Warriors so clearly heads and shoulders above everyone else.
    • I couldn't have said it better myself pikestabber!  We have to go out there and do what we can now and not try to set up for "when the warriors are old" cuz the way the NBA is going who knows what players may join forces to set up the next "Warriors" squad.  Heck maybe the Wolves will be that next team !!  I just really love the addition of Butler and from the sounds of it we are not done yet and I am excited to see what will happen in free agency and if we could really land the likes of Kyle Lowry one of the other PG's that are hitting the FA market.  Nice to see the Wolves making moves!!
    • I would ask Getanet where to get some good ones!   Pork Belly Stinks Started by Getanet, May 1
    • So that means you ALMOST caught a fish!!   Real bummer!
  • Our Sponsors