• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Onboard chargers

birdswacker

If the charger has cooling fins, it's because it gets hot and needs to dissipate the heat. These may also have mounting restrictions. The Dual Pros only get warm and have no mounting restrictions. I've had mine for 9 seasons and still going strong.

I've been pleased with my Guest. No issues thus far.

Do a search of this forum. This topic comes up alot. I think you find all the names out there, and none have had serious issues with people.

Get whats right for your set-up and budget.

No you probably do not. But for some, and me some times, its a 5 min run to the hole, 4 to 6 hours on that spot with your graphs and gps running...I'd add it up to insurance?

Do you really need a 3 bank charger since the outboard charges the starting battery?

No, you don't really.

That said, if you can swing it, I'd go for it. The piece of mind to know that when you leave your place you have 3 fully charged batteries with little chance that you didn't bump the livewell pump switch or nav light switch on your way into the house is a big deal for me. I already spend less time on the water than I'd like to, and having to deal with a dead or low starting battery because I didn't charge it prior to going out would really drive me nuts! smile

marine_man