• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any New Lund Rebel owners out there?????

bmc

My dad and I bought the new Lund Rebel XL SS this spring and have had it out about a dozen times. I think the dealer has the wrong pitched prop on the motor for a couple reasons. At about half throttle, the RPM's are between 5,000 and 5,500. At full throttle it's tached out at 7,000 RPM's (max on gauge). We have a 75 hp four stroke Merc on the back. Is it just me or are the RPM's running high? That's my main concern and the dealer didn't even make sure my graph worked as I've been getting the dreaded "GPS module not responding". I've tried everything I can think of and still no luck with it. I'm brining it in this coming week to have both issues dealt with. Should I plan on paying the bill or should the dealer "eat" this one as I feel both issues should have been dealt w/ before the boat left thier lot?

Thanks,

Brian

I would definately make the dealer "EAT" this one. I am not sure what size prop is currently on the motor, but it is WAY underpitched. I am not sure what the RPM range is for the Merc, but I know that 7000 is way too high. I have a 90hp Opti and the max range on RPMs for that is 5750. On thing that you should do is goto the Merc HSOforum and use their prop selector and see what size prop they recommend for your motor. What size prop is on your motor now? Look inside the hub and it will be stamped there.

Same thing with your GPS.......I would say it isn't wired correctly. This should have been checked way before you ever picked up the boat. Dealer error for certain!

I just bought an Alumacraft and the tach was reading 1/2 scale-they had to reset a dial on the back of the tach as it was set for the wrong cylinder motor. Could be the same issue on yours. I really doubt that the motor would overrev that much as the power would really fall off after 5500-6000 rpm. Motor probably has a rev limiter to prevent 7500 rpm also.

Your motor should be runing at 6,000 and not any over that. I do agree with the others, I'm guessing the pole position isn't set right on the tach as I'm sure your motor has a rev limiter that kicks in between the 6-7,000 rpm range.

Both should be fixed by the dealer for no charge.

marine_man