• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line Class Record Muskie

I cant imagine a 61 inch Muskie - let along one caught on 8 pound test! I would like to know more about the story on that one!

I would think Lucas still holds a very good chance at the Ontario record...

So, when you mean plan ahead for next year...you mean come say 2 weeks earlier right? We kind of got lucky this year - it was later than what we had really wanted to do - but the late Spring made our trip actually hit just right. Next year, we will be doing a 1 day guide the first day too and learn how to trout fish.

Matt - my brother was reading the regs...can a person catch more than one trout a day? He thought the regs said that you can only catch what you can keep - and I think that was 1 trout? But can you catch more if you dont keep them? or is that rule in effect because bringing up those trout from deep water - they wouldnt make it if released - and therefore you can only catch and keep the 1?? Does that make sense the way I am explaining it? can you clarify?

Thanks again -

Mark

Hey Mark,

I would plan 2 weeks earlier, just because it would be very similar to what you experiance this year. Spring was late so it worked out.

The guys in flossie did fantastic yesterday, lots of northern the biggest was 35" - but quite a few in the 30" range.

You can catch and release trout all day long, just like all the other species.

But if a couple happen to die on you and you reach your limit, I would stop. If another one dies you would be over your limit and you don't want to do that.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.