• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Safari

Sam wanted to help Grandpa take some pictures today, so we went on a little photo safari.

How's this look grandpa?

PS1.jpg

I think I see a tiger!

PS2.jpg

Is this what you call macro work?

PS3.jpg

Let's get a picture of these daisies!

PS4.jpg

Time for a break!

PS5.jpg

Okay grandpa, breaks over. Time to get back to work!

PS6.jpg

Awesome pics Gramps. I love the macro work and daisy pictures the most, but they are all priceless.

Can't wait to get my boy out for stuff like that. He already likes to hold the camera and looks through the viewfinder. Only a matter of time.

Simply great images Ken!....that last photo of your grandson captures the innocents of youth....a happy smile,contentment and at the end of a funfilled day...all in the expression of his eyes and a warm smile...all is good!....your grandson will look at these images 40 years from now and smile softly...

Ken,

Awesome post the Pixy Dust {dandelion} one does it for me. Grandma will be plucking dandelines next year but it is worth the picture and the innosence of childhood.

PS had a great trip to Dissapointment but got stuck on the campsite next to the North portage. That is a long paddle to the fishing grounds. I put the raingear on and took it off 50 times in 5 days. We had great smallmouth fishing but didn't find the walleyes till the last day. Thanks for the help.

Moose

Thanks all. Sam had a great weekend at Grandma's and Grandpa's, including catching his first fish on his Diego rod and reel:

Sam-first-fish.jpg

He actually outfished mom and dad by getting one up to the boat and this one into the boat!

Moose - glad you had a good trip. That's pretty country up there!

Cool shot, Ken. Love the grin and those bare feet! gringrin

By the way, I could have used that toy camera you got the boy. I had a kid at a wedding reception/dance last night, about a 3-year-old, who kept wanting to "help" me, and dogged my steps so closely for about a 20-minute period that every time I turned around or backed up to get a better angle I was bumping into the poor little fella.

Hmmm, bring along a toy camera for the kiddie in the way. Should we call that Pro Tip #3? gringringrin

Wow! Those are great.

I recently found out I will become a Grandpa around New Years. I hope my photo skills develop such that I can take some shots like that some day. Congratulations on a memorable day.