• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turtle lake bass

Slob_Samurai

I've noticed that the last two years I've been fishing there. NIce four and five pounderse have been pulled out of there.

Since its a protected lake, and the bass population seems to be pretty high. I'm sure they are all struggling and fighting eachother for food.

Good point Ray. I guess I'm just a bit defensive after phalen & auburn last year....

It's just tough to drive to your local lake and find the lot to be full from a comment made on the internets last week.

Jim,

I don't know that it could get hammered much more than it does. The parking lot is only so big.

It's surely big enough for Pleasure boats and pontoons that are out there everyday.....

I'm sure most local Bass fisherdudes or ladies hate going there. teens, beers, boats, and other B words is what I can describe it.

Beware of the old man's dock in the north east corner. He came running out with a chainsaw screaming that I cant cast by his dock. I told him to move to a private lake or deal with it. Why do people think they own the lake?

Geesh! What a twisted guy. I had the same thing happen on tonka (actually several times) where people have came out and told me to go somewhere else and I said the same thing....I think it's funny/absurd that people think they own open water. crazy

Well, add me to the list of people whom have met this lake owner.

I've simply grown accustomed to accepting it as a part of metro fishing and politely and quietly move on. I don't want to end up looking like Happy Gilmore duking it out with an old guy (Bob Barker)!!

On the flip side: I had a guy holler up to his wife to come down and "watch this guy catch fish off our dock".... That was pretty fun for a novice bass angler like myself!

Once the pontoons and wakeboards go away come Fall Turtle is a great lake to fish for numbers and a chance at a bigger fish!

I have not been there in a couple of years, just because of the average size. They did seem small back then. Also too many waterskiers and pleasure boats for that size of lake. Great lake if there are only a few people on it.

You do get some good mixed in with the bad. I have had little kids come running out to the docks when I have caught fish. Seeing them smile, makes me smile laugh But then you get the old crab like the guy on turtle and it made me want to smack him with an oar.

People on docks can be very aggressive. They don't understand its a public lake, they have boats and docks in public water. Technically your dock is public property, if I recall correctly.

Read a TIP report last year where a guy was arrested for angler harrassment in a very similar situation. Made me happy smile

I can't remember the place I read that. It may not be true. However, those who gain legal access to a body of water have the right to use the entire surface area of said body of water. If your structure is on that public surface, you have no right to regulate who and who doesn't use the area immediately surrounding it