• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where should I go??

My dad and one of his buddies want to go to Canada fishing this summer and want me to lead them around. Yeah, they just figured it out, so we don't have a lot of time...

Problem is- They don't want to go to the lake I normally fish because there are no walleyes in it (Lower Manitou).

So, as far as guiding them- I will be as blind as they since whereever we go will be my first time on the lake also.

Looking for a spot with a few specifics:

1. Drive in lake within 3-4 hours from the border (I. Falls area)

2. See few other people on the lake. It doesn't need to be the only cabin/resort, but I don't want to see as many people in a day as I would in the lakes around my home.

3. GREAT FISHING! (duh) smile Walleyes and northerns the primary species. Smallies good too. Muskies would be a BIG BONUS for me- they could care less.

4. Have a decent boat/motor package as we aren't sure we will haul my boat.

5. Reasonably priced.

6. Anything else that makes a great trip.

So, any suggestions on lakes and/or resorts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!!

Mskyfshntchr

You might want to checkout Pipestone Lake as it has all the species and has excellent opportunities at trophy fish. We have an outpost cabin on the lake and that may be of interest to you. Outfitter 17 is on the Manitou stretch and could probably help you out with some options for walleyes for a few days of the trip.