• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tires

Snowking

so i cut a tire down last weekend and need to buy some new tires. wanted to buy some take offs, but having 10" rims in back no one has any. does anybody know if 12" rims would fit on a 99 explorer? are the bolt patterns the same? are atv tires like cars. polaris rims fit only polaris? where should i go to get new tires? do you mount them yourself or take them somewhere? sorry for babbling i am a newbie to the atv world. thanks chad

From what I could find, you Explorer has a 4x4 bolt pattern. Other machines on the POlaris list show 4x156. Not sure if Polaris is using both metric and standard units of measure here, but the 4x156 is 4 holes by 156mm between each hole.

The closest I could find that shares the same pattern are mostly sport machines and lighter duty (250-350) utilities that also use the 4x156 pattern.

Your best bet would be to find a tire that meets your intended useage and go from there. Places like Dennis Kirk, Highlifter, Motosport, Rocky Mountain ATV, just to name a few.

Shop around. You'll find prices vary greatly between those listed but will match a competitors ad if you provide the info.

A quick search for "Polaris Explorer bolt pattern" in the most common search engine known to mankind will yield you the same info that I found. It explains tire sizing and bolt patterns.

Another option is to find another machine/brand with a solid rear axle that has hubs that will fit onto your shafts but has a different bolt pattern.