• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dead Humminbird Depth Finder

Question

I have a Humminbird depth finder that will not turn on.

I've verified that the power cord is good, and the fuse works, etc, and that the connections are clean AND that the battery was charged. So the only remaining item it can be is the main unit/display itself.

So, what can I do? Can you send these to be looked at somewhere, or am I just SOL and it's time to check out the end of year sales? I'm kind of upset because I paid $200 for the thing last year and I would think it should be more durable than this...

[This message has been edited by Consultant (edited 09-09-2002).]

2 answers to this question

If you have the quick release bracket where the cords mount in the base part, check to make sure that they have not shifted under the plate that holds them in the base. And make sure the head unit snaps firmly into place. If you are getting power to the head and it will not turn on it will have to be sent back to hummingbird for a replacement. This is a very common problem for hummingbird depthfinders.