Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Digs11

I need your advice

5 posts in this topic

I just sold my Ranger 692 and now I'm looking to downsize. I have an opportunity to pick up a Warrior 16' Falcon. I'm anxious for a new ride but don't want to rush and make a mistake. Any opinions on if this boat with a 60hp tiller will be comfortable on the states bigger water or should I sit and wait for a 17 or 18 footer to come along ? Your advice is appreciated.

If your going to run bigger waters I would go at least 17' and more towards 18'. More stable and can handle a bigger motor wich is nice when it gets nasty.

Yup, I agree, I am now without a boat and am anxious and willing to settle but I lost the boat anyway. Thanks for the response

Don't settle....do a little browsing and surfing and you'll find a lot of nice mid-power range tillers in the 18' range.

Lots of good boats to be had!

I run my 16 ft Lund predator on Mille Lacs, Leech, Cass and don't feel undergunned at all. But if you plan on fishing these lakes frequently a good 18ft would be awfully nice!

Good Luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• LOL,They just pulled the bill. Obama's not even in office and he's still kicking the GOP's arse.  That takes talent.
    • GOP just postponed vote. They got nothin'.

• See what I mean, he is winning an imaginary game with himself and we are all the losers.  It's actually very hilarious, maybe I will play a few rounds. D2E can win again and again and we can all laugh when be boasts about his wicked awesome super trolling.

• All very true same here, I just don't like what I see out east but I guess the same could be said for every other country in the world. Still though, we are responsible and if we want change bad enough we need to take some action.
    • Yeah I know it always adds up.  I have done some construction work and a bit of home wiring and plumbing so I can usually come pretty close to price.  The parts that always kill me are when I need to go back to the store for a 30 cent bolt or something really small that just kills ya to make the trip ha!
    • 7 year of beeotching and the GOP finally has the chance to prove they can both lead the country and come up with a better plan than Obamacare and they failed at every level.   Great job.
    • We know. Halfwit us waaaaay too advanced for you to process. Just do the best you can and we will try to slow things down a bit for you.
    • I am looking at purchasing a newer house and my boat is in storage and I cannot get it out right now. How short of a garage can I go and still get the boat in the garage with an angle? I would love to buy a house with a bigger garage but that is not in the budget right now, and the boat always stays indoors.
    • Yo-Zuri Hybrid.   It's technically a co-polymer line, but it's a terrific, tough, low-stretch substitute for monofilament. It's also very affordable.   The thing you want to consider with Hybrid is that its actually breaking strength is about 1.5x the listed strength. For example, the 12# breaks at about 20 pounds of pull.   The most useful line for a spinning rig would be 4-6#, with 6# being very useful.   For baitcasting setups, try the 10-12# lines. 12# is on most of my rods with moving baits.   Give this stuff a shot. It may very well become your new favorite line.
  • Our Sponsors