Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dark Cloud

Pasta Salad

Summertime is salad time. If your tired of the same "mayo" based ones try this next time your going to a bbq or picnic, or make it for home as it lasts a few days in the fridge...

One pound of pasta - I usually use tri-color rotini or shells

One bottle of salad dressing of your choice I have two I prefer Wishbone makes a 5 cheese Italian or a Romano Basil vinagrette

One large red or yellow bell pepper

5-6 stalks celery

a crown or two of broccoli

one can, small or med black olives drained

one can chick peas, aka garbonzo beans drained

one cuccumber

A pint of grape tomatoes left whole

about a half pound of either pepperoni or hot hard salami chunked(omit this if your worried about outside temps)

The best part of this is you can add or subtract just about any veggie, and I like to leave everything big enough so folks can avoid anything they dont like easily. (I dont like to add onions as they can taint the whole salad)

Cook pasta, rinse, drain, and cool

Toss in a big bowl or soup pot with all your prepaired veggies

Add the dressing and toss - im 99% sure your gonna need the whole bottle

I also add salt and pepper to taste and about a third cup or so of grated parmesian cheese and some garlic powder...

Cant go wrong, enjoy! Also a good one to make with your kids - teach em some knife saftey and let them cut the celery and peppers...

I just printed out a copy but I think I might make a change or two. Add some coliflour(sp),change the cheese to freshly grated Romano,or maybe Asiago if I'm feeling adventursome, and add a bit of Balsamic vinegar to the mix. I hope this doesn't hurt your creation...

Wont hurt it one bit. Sometimes I add crumbly blue cheese or gorgonzola. And for a little more bite I'll add some redwine vinegar...

My preference is Kraft Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan dressing, I also add lots of Vidalia onion chopped up, and chunks of sharp cheddar cheese. I always call mine a "Trifle" salad as I use a trifle of whatever I have.