• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

4th weekend

Hi guys!! I see you're holding the fort down nicely! I am already up at the cabin since I took both Thurs & Fri. off. It's really nice up in Deer River. It's supposed to be around 79 degrees tomorrow and then high 80's Sat and Sun. HOT!! We'll get some fishing in and will report back how we did. Have a great July 4th everyone! laugh

Can you go over and mow the yard, while your up there. Never mind just did last Saturday during the hurricane.

Lisa please catch some fish this time.

I would give you the hot spot we caught them at last weekend, but I am sure Jim has a few already.

Have FUN

G.C.

Lisa,

I'll be in Walker this weekend. We are planning on going up to Sand Lake on Friday, but not sure what time.

We will be in Grand Rapids on Saturday afternoon for a birthday party.

Drop me an email and let me know if you will be around.

I'm sorry I wasn't checking the forum this weekend!

We had some friends from the cities up this weekend. We fished everyday but with only minimal success. I caught one 22" walleye on Friday and multiple tiny bass and sunnies on Saturday but no keepers! It's so hard to go back to work after a great weekend isn't it? frown

I never wet a line this weekend. I spent Friday weeding the garden, hitting a flea market, and visited a friend who recently had knee surgery. Saturday drove down to Mora, visited my sister, walked around her garden for 2 hours, went to Menards in Cambridge, loaded 120 patio bricks and 10 bags of mulch on my trailer and headed back home. Sunday more weeding (haven't touched my gardens this year, they looked like jungles) spread the 10 bags of mulch and then crashed on the yard swing for about an hour. Now that the weekend crowd is gone home I will hit the lakes during the week. On Saturday I passed Knife Lake, and you couldn't have squeezed a mo-ped into the parking area at the public access. My friends lake was full of jet skis and big power boats racing around. Even they weren't planning on going out. I hope everyone else had a safe and very fun filled weekend.

We fished a lake by the cabin on Saturday and there was ALOT of traffic on it. Barb, I'm just so darned envious of you. I can't wait for the day I can get out on a nice quiet Monday to fish. We fished Winnie on Friday and it was absolutely DEAD! We got a prime spot at the access and only about 10 boats on the mid lake humps. There was maybe 4 boats in front of Highbanks.

boss cut me loose at 1;15 thurs so gone i was, went to camper. wanted to fish green lake, drove past 3 public acesses no place to park. lakes were absolutly crazy so didnt wet a line. had fish/ fry pig roast sat. oh had 1 maybe 2 beers also.

I left on Thursday evening and got to Park Rapids around 9pm. On Friday I tried to get some fishing in but helped the youngest neices and nephews fish instead. Thought about doing some night fishing after the fireworks but was tired. Saturday after an all day party I tossed a sucking minnow out and caught a nice large mouth bass (pictures soon.) Sunday helped the kids fish again and tried to get a fish with weight for my middle neice because she wanted to catch something big, but no luck. I left one of my fishing poles for her to use and try to catch a big one. Had fun with the kids but wished I could have caught more myself.

I am now working 11 hour days for this week because my boss has the week off. Maybe I will get out this next weekend?

Hope

Quote:
Lisa: it was so great meeting your hubby. Got some great tips from him that I am going to follow up on!

He's a keeper, I tell ya! He loved the hat just like I thought he would.

Hope, 11 hour days??!! Hopefully you'll get overtime!!

sounds to me lisa you need to tell all that company to stay away so yous can get some fishing in. anything new on the moose lake gtg? the lakes around here were a zoo also.

Chill man! I think this'll be the most laid back gtg in history! Just bring a keg and some cheez-its and you're good to go! smirksmirksmile

Just joshing...I actually think it's going to be super small since many seem to be previously busy. And that's ok too!

after that scare im going to need the keg! i thought you might be joshin. do you think its going to really be that small? maybe wanna wait, although id really like to meet all/some of these people i chat with here and being i will be up there that weekend works great. now that i have my bear licencse i will be up a fair amount end of aug first part of sept.

My next trip to the cabin is scheduled for Aug 11-17th. I have a wedding on that weekend to attend. I would rather be up there than at the wedding.(did I say that outloud). It is still on for July 26th. ??? correct....