• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bogtrotting . . .

We went slogging through bog yesterday searching for the newest showy ladyslipper blooms and found these showies, a northern bog orchid and the tiger swallowtail.

All with the Canon 30D at iso400

Canon 100 f2.8 macro, 1/640 at f5.6, handheld

2634310950_e5b9bfca82_o.jpg

Macro, 1/100 at f9, tripod, flash from beneath set at -2 flash exposure compensation, flash shot through diffusion disc

2634312136_70977c2e43_o.jpg

Macro, 1/125 at f9, tripod, flash from beneath at -2 FEC, flash shot through diffusion disc

2633492613_d4ca9af9bc_o.jpg

Macro, 1/1000 at f2.8, handheld

2633491395_c3fe362d7c_o.jpg

Canon 70-200 f2.8L at 200mm, iso400, 1/3200 at f4, flash at -1 1/3 FEC, handheld

2634313312_c60eae4331_o.jpg

Want to pick a day early next week, Ken? They'll be blooming for a week or more, and all the rest we found were still only budding. These were the only ones with any mature blooms.

Don't forget the knee-high rubber boots and bug dope! gringrin

Hey, sounds like a winner to me! I've got both Tuesday and Wednesday open (Monday too if need be). Gotta show you sumthin' I got in the mail, too.

Uh, should I bring the extra oxygen tanks, too? grin

I also love your pics. they have inspired me to slow down and take notice of what's aroud me. daughter and i went to deer camp today. on the way in, we found the pink ladies to be out in full bloom. wish i could figure out how to post pics

Very nice Steve,beautiful images!....SFG,Nice meeting you at the lake this evening!....those images of the showy lady slippers you captured on your phone were certainly nice!....I still have yet to see any slippers at my favorite spot frown...guess they just don't sprout every year...at least the ones I saw last year aren't there this year....

wish i could figure out how to post pics

Thanks again, everybody.

Eyesorbust, there's a "how to post pics" thread stickied right at the top of this board that should help you out. Give that a try and if you still have questions, fire em off. grin