• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Truck Keyed

Some ____ [cannot be named due to word filter] keyed my truck yesterday. My wife drove my truck to work, and parked in a pay lot. She's going to call the lot to try and see if anything can be seen from the security cameras (a friend of ours busted a guy for keying her car with the help of security cameras) and talk to our insurer.

I can't wait to get out of the cities. I don't get why someone would have to do that. This is my second vehicle I've owned in my life and both have been keyed within the first 6 months of ownership. In both cases the vehicle was 5 years old used. I'm not driving some Beamer that some jealous creep thinks is worth keying for no reason. The only thing a buddy and I could think of is some PETA nut didn't like my hunting and fishing stickers.

My question is, what can I do about touching it up? What insurance would cover it? The mark is from end to end and even went over the Z71 4X4 sticker on the rear end, so it would take more than a paint touch up.

DC31,

Flipp'in Sticks, gosh darn it that sucks eggs frown.

Depending on how deep the scratch is, you can deaden the glare by polishing it or buffing it out.

Can you tell if it is threw the clear coat and into the paint? If so, is it threw the paint and into the primer? Or worse yet, down to the metal?

Ugh....sorry to hear that Scott. I park my truck in a pay lot in downtown Mpls and every day I'm thankful it's still there first off and not damaged.

Like shack said, it all depends on how the scratches are.

I hear ya on the truck getting keyed....Worse yet was my old truck, someone went the extra step on that truck to take a regular screwdriver and do the passenger side of my truck, and actually creased the metal.....I put touchup paint on it, and then ended up someone hit that side about a year later, and got it taken care of at that time. Ended up with the whole side repainted.

That really made me wonder what I have nice things, when people are disrespectful and do things like that.

Its not just the cities. I had my Tahoe keyed at a public landing near Sartell, while I was out fishing. Not sure why...I wasn't parked close to anyone and I didn't do anything that might upset anyone while at the landing or in the boat that day. There were some teenagers just hanging out at the picnic table and my guess is that it was one of them.

Your comprehensive insurance coverage should take care of it. Sorry to hear about. I'd to like to get away from this rathole too. I live in a nice suburb and refuse to go into the "city" anymore. No reason for me to be there. Waiting for the real estate market to pick up and I'm headed for the woods.

$500 deductible. Wife parked in the far corner of the lot away from anybody else. The police haven't bothered getting back to us since we've filed the report. *sigh*

3 days after this happened someone scraped the front passenger bumper of our car and didn't leave a note so we will be doing touch up work on both the vehicles in this family unit.