Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Silicone trailer bunk lube

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know where I can get some silicone bunk lube to spray on my trailer bunks? I saw a product on Overton's web-site that came in a spray bottle. I was going to order it but they want to much for freight/handling.

I've heard of guys using regular silicone spray ---- of course what you spray on your bunks will end up in your lakes. I don't treat my bunks with anything, just back the trailer in deep enough to float off the boat when launching, and back in enough so the bunks get wet when loading.

I would be a little worried about the spray attracting dirt and dust and then causing damage to the hull. Just my gut feelings here. Never tried any products out there.

Regular 100% silicone. Any hardware store. Let your trailer sit in the sun and get dry and hot. Spray the whole can into your bunks. Let the solvents flash off for a while. Be careful. Trailer will slide off almost like it was a roller trailer. Repeat every year. A must for low water launching. Much cheaper than a K-D launcher trailer. Never had a problem with attracting dirt. I have been doing for over 10 years.

I have used 100% Silicone spray for years and my brother squirts liquid dish soap on his bunks and swears by it.

I don't treat my bunks with anything, just back the trailer in deep enough to float off the boat when launching, and back in enough so the bunks get wet when loading.

Yeah I do the same now, however I have to back in so far that there is no way to work the crank without getting very wet. So I'm thinking I won't need to back in so far with the lube on the bunks.

Last year the south launch on Prior lake is so shallow that I had a hard time even getting the boat off unless I drove way into the lake. Then I can't get out of the truck.