• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend plans....

cjac

Always interesting to hear what and where everyone is up to...without divulging too much info!

I'm balancing family stuff and some fishing and R&R, as I'm off work Fri-Wednseday. St Cloud area for some bass and pike and a day or two in town for some early AM muskie hunting.

What's everyone else up to?

Park Rapids/Bemidji for us. Drop the girls off at the cabin tomorrow eve, Hunter and I will fish the nite bite starting about 9:00 pm, sleep in the truck at the access, hit the water at 4:00 am for several hours, then let the pleasure boaters have at it during the day.Stable weather, threatening storms Sun eve, water temps right - should be good. 'Course we say that all the time...

Since I have Friday off, I will be going out in the morning to give my new combo a test run. I picked up a 6500C3 with the thumb bar with a 7'4" Okuma EVx. I'm excited since it's my first nice combo for musky fishing, everything else was hand-me-downs.

I will most likely head out to Sugar on Friday to see if I can get a couple fish I have been seeing out there eat a bucktail. The rest of the weekend will be either water-skiing on Green Lake or maybe taking a trip to Alexander or Sham. Either way, a three day weekend is much needed!

Good Luck!

Fishing tomorrow night, friday morning, saturday and sunday. All muskies, metro on weekdays, big pond on the weekend. Hopefully tonight was an omen of what's to come this weekend! wink

-JR

Park Rapids/Bemidji for us. Drop the girls off at the cabin tomorrow eve, Hunter and I will fish the nite bite starting about 9:00 pm, sleep in the truck at the access, hit the water at 4:00 am for several hours, then let the pleasure boaters have at it during the day.Stable weather, threatening storms Sun eve, water temps right - should be good. 'Course we say that all the time...

Atta boy propster! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to sleep in the truck at the landing. Some good lakes up that way, Good luck!!

I will be fishing somewhere on Saturday, not sure where yet. Probably the only day I will get to fish because of getting together with the family and stuff. I'm happy to see it's not going to be one of those hot scorching 4th of Julys like it usually is.

Quote:
Atta boy propster! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to sleep in the truck at the landing. Some good lakes up that way, Good luck!!

I AGREE!!! I don't sleep in my truck at the access enough. It's good for the soul and I certainly need to start doing it more! I am going to have to see what the wife thinks about that laugh

We have a nice comfy bed rigged up in the back of the Suburban. It's slick - wake up, get dressed, you're on the water in 5 minutes. Fill the thermos the night before with hot coffee and cocoa - we're set.

Keith -

So you mean I could have slept at the landing last weekend and had a wake-up call instead of the long drive to the lake!! I'll be in the metro - on the lake by 4-ish and off by 9 to avoid most of the idiots. If anyone else sees an ugly guy on BE or WB in a green Alumacraft TP175 with a 150 Merc make sure to say hi. I fished BE this AM for a couple hours before work and didn't even see a fish.

Good luck - erik

Why would it be illegal to sleep in there, people leave their vehicles/trailer overnights at the landing when theyre on the lake or at a cabin for the night?

Prop- if you get in the bemidji area, give my house a call..I sent ya the number in the email.

Quote:
Isn't it illegal to stay overnight at the landing? I thought the only people that could do that was the Indians which aint right either since they are spearing all night anyways.,,

It might be, I'm not sure, I have seen signs at some launches that say "no overnight parking". But if you are out of the way in the back corner of the lot and their isn't a no overnight parking sign, you are just fine.

By the way, why do Natives have anything at all to do with sleeping at the access?

Wow! crappieman shocked Now that was highly uncalled for. Spearing at night? I've never seen anyone spearing at night before in my entire life. Must be a major problem. I'm impressed with your subtle hint of racism though smirk

To get back on topic... HugoBox got a nice chunky 40-41" from FL today, and yesterday we had 3 follows to the boat of nice fish, and one hookup that ended in no fish. Lots of 26-31" pike and a darn good time. He hasn't turned me into a muskie guy yet, but we saw lots and had a good time. I got lots of nice pike yesterday, but today I was a dud.

Tomorrow is sleep in day, but my stepson and HugoBox are out on WBL right now at midnight.

I made it out to Sugar on the morning of the 4th and joined about 10 others fishing it by about 7:30 when I got out. I only saw on e and it was worth it. I returned to an area about 9:30, where I had seen a couple fish 2 weeks ago and a larger one followed my suick on the first cast! Not long after that, there got to be too many people flying around so I took off.

Yesterday I braved the wind with my father and it was worth it, we picked up about a dozen walleyes and kept 4 eaters! It feels good to have something pulling on the line smile

Nate

I got my first of the year out of the way yesterday. It feels good to get out of that slump I was in. Not a big fish, 35"-36", did a quick water release on the fish so I didn't get an official measurement. I only attempt to measure fish when they are 45" plus, just something I've always done. Yeah and you are right Bret, it was a windy (beep) out there! Saw 4 other fish and my brother lost a big fish. He is in a rhythm of losing huge fish this year. I think his luck has finally caught up with him. Now he knows how I feel (pain) after losing a 55" class fish.