• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

It is a lose-lose situation for Green Bay IF he returns.

Trade him, release him, have him as back-up, make him a starter...all of these options are not good. Favre has treated his long-time team with no respect.

As a Viking fan, I hope they keep him. That way they will tick of Rodgers...and in a short time we can sign him as a free agent. We need a quarterback!!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only seen him play three times last year and the last game I saw was not MVP game. and the other games he was playing a mediocre team.And the rest of the division is mediocre also. So I can see how maybe veiwed as MVP calliber when he is not challenge. But I'll take your word on the MVP type season.

I's a free country people change their minds.....

And stop comparing this to Montana, Jordan, or any other comeback..... HE HAD AN MVP TYPE SEASON LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!

Carry on!

Yep, and it’s also a free country to disrespect the heck out of him.

I don’t drink purple kool aid or the green turpentine.

It’s just a matter of sticking to your statement. It’s a mockery to the sport and Green Bay.

The decision to “retire” is his own. He LOVES the spotlight and is milking for all he can.

There is nothing wrong with walking away from it. He can’t play forever and why not walk away with a little dignity?

I just think it’s hilarious that people can base their decision on him thinking that he is the savior to everything that a team is missing and he will lead them to the promise land.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid and Turpentine.

Call him what he is. A Hall of Fame player that is on his last legs that doesn’t know when to quit.

Just having the interception record isn’t enough, he wants to put it out of reach for good grin

And he goes to Fox news for his first substantial remarks on the situation. What does that say about him? He wines about how he doesnt feel welcome in Green Bay

I got that info off Comcast sports If you were wondering. Not from fox news.

I saw the interview and I have come to the conclusion that both sides are to blame to some degree, but I tell you what, the batting practice pitchers at the home run derby weren't the only ones throwing soft toss last night. Greta did not play the role of impartial interviewer very well

Favre is a legend in Green Bay, and that should carry as much weight (or more) than his Superbowl ring and his touchdown record. I don't care if he felt slighted, he should have kept his mouth shut. That being said, the organization should have shown more class in this situation as well.

As a huge Elway fan back in the 80's and 90's, I would have been hugely disappointed to see this kind of stuff going on. The guy still carries huge popularity, even 10 years after his career ended.

The interview, IMO, did more to hurt both sides than anything else. Favre looks like a donkey, and the Packers look like hard-[PoorWordUsage] who are letting the fans and Packer Nation down.

I don't see any good coming from this at all.............

Obvi the media freak was going to do this.

It seems that anytime his name comes off the ticker on espn he says something else to get his name back on it.

Brett Favre - thinking about retirement since 2002...

Rodgers is a good quarterback, that could be great.

But, if he doesn't win right away...will the whiny Packer Fans give him a chance? The Packer organization, Favre, and the Fans will knife each other all year...I fear.

And the guy in the middle, is a young quarterback who Favre has used as a Yo-Yo for years. I don't care how big of a legion Favre is or was...he has NO class!

The nice thing about the slinging contest right now, us Viking fans just may come out the winners in all of this! We may not have to sit through our opening season game with the Packers honoring Favre! grin

Just goes to show what a whiny, snively piece of work he really is. I lost most of the little respect I had for hillbilly Favre when he wouldn't help Rogers learn. Now he really messing the kid up. If he doesn't perform and win agains the Vikes on the opener the fans will be chanting for Favre.

Go VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is funny, but I always thought Favre had a huge ego. From the records he wanted to set, from the chances he took on the field (some worked, some didn't), from the drug tests, from letting his "friend" get the sack record by purposely taking a sack, from not teaching other quaterbacks, for the media and fans treating him like a God, and what-not.

Now this whole 2-3 year thing of retiring, not retiring is making him even look worse.

What do the Packer fans on this board really think of this whole deal? I relate it to the Randy Moss deal. He was great, but we let him go for he was too full of himself. Favre is another Randy Moss in my eyes.

Just goes to show what a whiny, snively piece of work he really is. I lost most of the little respect I had for hillbilly Favre when he wouldn't help Rogers learn. Now he really messing the kid up. If he doesn't perform and win agains the Vikes on the opener the fans will be chanting for Favre.

Go VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandmannd...AROD said he got along great with Favre the last three years. Brett was very good to him and he learned a lot. Doesn't sound like he messed him up at all. I'll take that "messed up" QB over TJack any day!!!

Quote:
What do the Packer fans on this board really think of this whole deal?

In all honesty, I'm embarrased for Favre and sad for the Packers. IMO, the Packers are doing the right thing. Favre said he was done, and the Pack moved on.

I think Favre is doing a giant disservice to himself, his legacy and the Pack by doing these interviews and cracking his jokes at the ESPY's last night. I could have dealt with another year of not knowing until May or June (whether he was going to retire or not), but HE made the choice to end it and the Packers are looking to the future.

I think it's today (may be this weekend) that Favre will be in Green Bay to speak on Frank Winter's entry into the Packer's HOF. It will be interesting to see how he is received and if he uses that platform to plead his case.

I'm a Packer fan first and foremost, and I'm siding with the team on this one......

Quote:
What do the Packer fans on this board really think of this whole deal?

In all honesty, I'm embarrased for Favre and sad for the Packers. IMO, the Packers are doing the right thing. Favre said he was done, and the Pack moved on.

I think Favre is doing a giant disservice to himself, his legacy and the Pack by doing these interviews and cracking his jokes at the ESPY's last night. I could have dealt with another year of not knowing until May or June (whether he was going to retire or not), but HE made the choice to end it and the Packers are looking to the future.

I think it's today (may be this weekend) that Favre will be in Green Bay to speak on Frank Winter's entry into the Packer's HOF. It will be interesting to see how he is received and if he uses that platform to plead his case.

I'm a Packer fan first and foremost, and I'm siding with the team on this one......

wow, a level headed Packer fan grin

If he makes mention to any of this during a HOF speech he deserves a couple of boos.

Good answer, shiner.

I think the Packers are doing the right thing too.

If I was them, I would never release him. If anything, trade him and ensure that he plays for a team of THEIR choice, not Favres.

The Packer Organization is doing the right thing. Brett is not. Can't blame him for wanted to come back though. He still has talent.

I am a Vikings Fan, but will root for any Central Division in the playoffs...even the Pack. And, I hope Rodgers has a good year, mainly because of all of this...just not against the Vikings.