• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

Originally Posted By: Outfitter17

What makes you think he just wouldn't throw another record high INT and head home again with vikes fans in dissapointment yet again.

You'd have to take the blinders off and look at the entire package from the moment he stepped on the field 15 years ago through his MVP type season of last year!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever listen to KFAN between 12-2 or 4-7pm? Why do they have those guys on a MN radio station?

Every ying has it's yang. It's not la-la land and purple kool-aid all the time, and they're there to bring everything back into balance and give the delusional rubes a reality check after they lap up the nonsense of the 9-12pm show. wink

Does anyone really think anything is going to happen anyway? Everything has gone to plan thusfar with Favre requesting out of his contract, the Packers saying we're not releasing him, and if Favre want to play he'll be a back-up. Yawn. Nothing shocking there at all. I'm guessing this will eventually blow over and Favre will be back to throwing a football though a tire somewhere in Kiln, MS again by next week and all of this hub-bub will be nothing but filler for the media until training camp starts. Move on.

75 posts debating booing Hunter or not

The fact that post even exists proves my point. I heard the same debate on the radio as well prior to his first appearance since leaving, which is juvenile that this is the first question asked when someone returns playing for another team.

Do you want to search the GB Pack forums and see that their is a debate there going on about Favre? There is, do you need the links. OK...so they had the debate, what did the actions show?

Hey fishyguy, could you find the articles about Moss, Pierznski, Marbury....shall I go on?

Moss has not been back. Pierzinski wasn't loved by his own teamates, and Marbury wasn't liked either. Do you really think you can compare AJ and Marbury to Hunter and Garnett? You are trying to hard to rip Mn fans on this one. I know you like to go out of your way to do that but your reaching here.

Nah, I don't have to try too hard because it isn't even debatable because as I said, there was talk in the media when Hunter returned about how the fans would react for just one example. Why is that even a question? It shows the fan mentality in this area, that's why.

The fans cheered Moss, AJ, and Marbury when they performed for the MN teams I have no doubt about that. Funny how that changes when they leave. What have you done for me lately............ wink

I wonder how the Packer fans would react if the organization continues to give Favre the cold shoulder and then Rodgers blows a knee, leaving them with a true rookie for their QB?

I'm not bashing Packer fans here, I mean this as a legitimate question: Is some (not all) Packer fans' problem the realization that Favre does not want to play for Green Bay any more and desires to play elsewhere? My brother has lived in Green Bay for 15 years and like he said many people out there never thought there was any chance he would ever put on another teams jersey.

It would probably feel like Montana in a Chiefs jersey, Emmitt Smith in a Cardinal jersey, Joe Namath finishing in a Rams jersey, OJ ending with the 49ers and when I was a kid Alan Page going to the Bears. I was too young to remember if he got booed when he came back.

DD

ok, ok.........fan is short for "fanatic", right? In my case I bleed green and gold, I love Brett Favre and I hate the Bears and the Vikings. I have played fantasy football (as many leagues as I can get into without going crazy) for give or take 8 years and not once have I drafted a Viking or a Bear. Why? Because there is no way in [PoorWordUsage] I would ever cheer for one of those teams players to score!

In my case (and I'm only speaking for myself as a fanatic) I will boooooo Favre to the end's of the earth if he goes to the Vikings or Bears. If he is willing to wave his no trade clause and help make the Packer's better, then I'm all for that and will keep him on the Green Bay Fanatic pedistal.

I can say this in all truth, because as a Red Sox fan, I love seeing Damon make errors, strikeout and cut his hair (traitor). As a Red Wings fan, I liken this talk of Favre going to the Vikings as if Steve Yzerman went to the Av's..........DEAD TO ME!!!! grin

If Favre truly wants to play football and the Packer's honestly do not want him back I will cheer for him on any team other than the Vikings or Bears.

Just my $.02

So if Favre gets his release as he wishes, god forbid he would sign with the purple, on the season opener against the pack, when the packers are going to honor Favre, do the cheeseheads cheer or boo Favre? grin

I think it is reasonalble to say that Favre will not be released by the Packers. They would not take the chance of having him go to an NFC rival. I'm sure he will be traded. He won't come to Minnesota or go to Chicago. He may wind up in the AFC. Think about the tenuous position the Packer organization is in, what he means to the fans. They are in an incredibly difficult spot. The distraction to the Packers is probably going to benefit the other NFC North teams. Any thoughts?

It sure is hilarious how you think all other sports fans are way above MN sports fans. You really don't get out much if you think MN fans are any different than other fan bases. You can go on and on about how you know people here and there who will tell you MN fans are the most delirious fans out there. I have had people tell me the same things about WI fans and Chicago fans. GB fans tell me that pack fans are the worst. Bears fans tell me bears fans are the worst. GB fans saying vikes fans are the worst. Browns fans telling me bengals fans are the worst. Indy fans saying pats fans are delirious. The common man and yourself must live in a bubble. MN sports teams are the only teams selling hope and MN fans are the only fans buying it. No other fan bases get excited about upcoming seasons. I hate to break it to you but true MN sports fans have to be about the most loyal there are with what we have dealt with. The wolves are a joke. The twins are good every year and build excitement but we all know they never have quite enough. Gopher sports might be on the way back but they have been a joke. The vikings usually find a way to let their fans down and myself, i have learned to come into any seaosn with cautious optimism. Yeah i'm excited for this year, but i'll have to see it all play out on the field before i can truly believe all the hype. There are delirious MN fans just as there are in any fan base, no more no less. There are bandwagon fans just as in any fan base. There are alot of diehards just as in any fanbase. Do i need to go on? This fan base is no different than any other if you would take a look around.

I have a hard time respecting a guy that can stand at a podium and blubber all over himself, and then a few months later say, "just kidding".

The blubbering is fine, it was a major part of his life, it should be emotional. But to then retract everything you said......

Makes me respect Robert Smith more and more every day.

I don't understand why any team would want him to play for them. He's on his last legs and history has shown that the superstars "one and dones" for another team at the end of their career has not faired so well.

Go out of the NFL with some dignity Brett. You were a great player and will always be remembered for that.

You are psssing all over yourself with this stunt.

Brett Favre’s fans came to his defense Sunday, rallying outside Lambeau Field to pressure the Green Bay Packers to reinstate him as the starting quarterback.

The crowd of more than 100 chanted “We want Brett,” and carried signs reading, “Favre for President” or “Favre Forever.” Many in the parking lot wore No. 4 jerseys, tossed footballs and grilled.

“We’ve always appreciated the passion of our fans,” the Packers said in a statement. Team spokesman Jeff Blumb said there would be no other comment.

The rally in Green Bay, Wis., was the brainchild of brothers Adam and Erick Rolfson, who on Friday tried to think of a way to keep Favre in Green Bay. Another rally is planned for Monday night in suburban Milwaukee and every Sunday thereafter at Lambeau Field until Favre is back.

The brothers also are demanding an emergency meeting of stockholders “to help control the fate of our quarterback,” Erick Rolfson said.

Not surprising he is a legend in Green Bay!

It really is a tough situation for everyone involved especially the Packers organization.

I personally blame NO-One!

I still think it's a trade for a 3rd or 4th pick out of the division at best for Favre!

Go Vikes/Favre... grin

It's actually a little sad to see. If you're a quarterback legend, make it a grand exit. Loved the way Elway went out. 2 Superbowl rings and no regrets with retirement. Marino too, stayed with that same team for his entire career.

Although I've despised him as a Packer, I do have a lot of respect for #4. No disrespect to Montana, because I consider him the best, but the Kansas City thing didn't do him any favors. Unless Brett goes to a serious contender I think his legacy would be better off by staying in retirement.

Brett Favre’s fans came to his defense Sunday, rallying outside Lambeau Field to pressure the Green Bay Packers to reinstate him as the starting quarterback.

The crowd of more than 100 chanted “We want Brett,” and carried signs reading, “Favre for President” or “Favre Forever.” Many in the parking lot wore No. 4 jerseys, tossed footballs and grilled.

“We’ve always appreciated the passion of our fans,” the Packers said in a statement. Team spokesman Jeff Blumb said there would be no other comment.

The rally in Green Bay, Wis., was the brainchild of brothers Adam and Erick Rolfson, who on Friday tried to think of a way to keep Favre in Green Bay. Another rally is planned for Monday night in suburban Milwaukee and every Sunday thereafter at Lambeau Field until Favre is back.

The brothers also are demanding an emergency meeting of stockholders “to help control the fate of our quarterback,” Erick Rolfson said.

I was kind of surprised at the low turnout actually. The pack gets 10 times that many people out in 10 below weather to shovel snow off the seats. 100 people is the best they can do to show support for the franchise quarterback? I am not knocking the fans that showed up, but only showing my surprise at the low number. Maybe the numbers will increase as it becomes more publicized, but I sure expected more.

Not surprising he is a legend in Green Bay!

It really is a tough situation for everyone involved especially the Packers organization.

I personally blame NO-One!

I still think it's a trade for a 3rd or 4th pick out of the division at best for Favre!

Go Vikes/Favre... grin

Blame Favre.. Its his own fault that he is no longer wanted there. He told them that he couldnt do it anymore and walked away, nobody, including Green Bay, should feel sorry for him.