• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

Quote:
What was the bet again?.. if memory serves me right it was insanely long like 2 years plus the Packers are playing at home??????

If you wanted to propose something more reasonable and FAIR as far as the bet's go lets hear it.

The bet was head to head this year (2 games), if it's a Packers sweep, you keep the Packers logo as your avatar for a year (time frame can be negotiable), and vice versa.....Tiebreaker is who finishes higher in the division...........that's a fair bet......

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'll go 2 month's from the time the Pack/Vikes are eliminated from the playoffs. One more twist though if the Vikes sweep the Pack or win the tie break but the Packers go farther in the Playoffs I lose the Avatar bet and vise-versa!

If either team wins the Super-Bowl then we go a YEAR! grin

Wonder if this is true, just read on SI.COM-

Brett Favre wants the Green Bay Packers to release him so he can return to the NFL with another team, according to an ESPN report.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that sources close to Favre and the team told him agent James "Bus" Cook formally asked the Packers for Favre's release in a letter because the Packers were not receptive about Favre wanting to play again.

The 38-year-old Favre retired March 6 after a 17-year career.

Messages left by The Associated Press for Packers general manager Ted Thompson, a team spokesman and Cook were not immediately returned.

The Packers plan to use Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback for the upcoming season.

yep, saw that too. ESPN.com says he does not want to be traded, he wants his unconditional release. looks like this news will stick around for a long time to come.

Wonder if this is true, just read on SI.COM-

Brett Favre wants the Green Bay Packers to release him so he can return to the NFL with another team, according to an ESPN report.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that sources close to Favre and the team told him agent James "Bus" Cook formally asked the Packers for Favre's release in a letter because the Packers were not receptive about Favre wanting to play again.

The 38-year-old Favre retired March 6 after a 17-year career.

Messages left by The Associated Press for Packers general manager Ted Thompson, a team spokesman and Cook were not immediately returned.

The Packers plan to use Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback for the upcoming season.

Nope couldn't be it's all just a big rumor!... grin

This on KSTP just now.

Wow....Blockbuster news tonight on Brett Favre. We somewhat saw this coming, but it's hard to believe it's come to this. According to an ESPN report by Chris Mortenson, Favre wants out of Green Bay. If Favre gets his way, the Vikings and a handful of other teams might be gunning for his services. On Thursday, Favre's agent, Bus Cook, overnighted a letter to the Packers asking for his outright release. If this report is accurate, and given Mortenson's close relationship to Favre I believe it is, then it's a stunning development. It comes three days after a conference call between Favre and Packers management. Reportedly, the team wasn't real thrilled about Favre's desire to play again, prompting Favre to ask for his informal release. If the Packers balk, then Favre can force their hand by filing re-instatement papers, which would force the Packers to cut him or keep him because Favre doesn't want to be traded. Favre is calling for an 'amicable' resolution between the two sides, calling on his years of committment to the Packers organization. If Favre leaves, the Vikings, Bears, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Baltimore, and the NY Jets could all be likely destinations. Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell was Favre's quarterback coach for a number of seasons in Green Bay, so there's a natural fit there. The Vikings also run a version of the West Coast offense, similar to the Packers. The Packers just released a statement on the matter:

STATEMENT FROM THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ORGANIZATION

"The Green Bay Packers are aware of the latest developments regarding Brett Favre. Brett earned and exercised the right to retire on his terms. We wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion.Brett’s press conference and subsequent conversations in the following weeks illustrated his commitment to retirement.The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization. At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team. As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers. As always, the Packers will do what’s right and in the best interest of the team. As with all Packers greats, Brett’s legacy will always be celebrated by our fans and the organization, regardless of any change in his personal intentions. Brett and Deanna will always be a part of the Packers family.

ANALYSIS:

The Packers organization is in a tough spot. Aaron Rodgers was groomed all off-season to be the Packers QB of the future. They customized their offensive gameplans to suit Rodgers' talents, not Favre. Rodgers sat patiently for 3 years waiting in the wings. Rodgers' contract will expire at the end of the 2009 season, so spurning him now could burn bridges with him later. Paying Favre the $12 million plus isn't a problem. They've got the money. But stifling Rodgers' growth and potentially disrupting team chemistry could be a big problem with Favre's return. From Favre's perspective, the 'itch' to return is understandable but smacks of selfishness revealing this in the 11th hour before camps open. The Packers aren't likely to get much in return for a trade because Favre doesn't want to be traded, so teams likely won't pony up a good draft pick because of that. In all likelihood, Favre-the Packers, and a 3rd-party team would have to work something out in advance. That's the only way a trade would work, as well as hammer out the finances of it. Teams would have to make a salary cap fit with Favre as well, who's going to get $12 million with Green Bay but might settle for less to play on a team of his choice. The Vikings and Bucs would be the most ideal situation, but I can't see Green Bay willingly let him go to the Purple without significant compensation. But if Favre gets his way and an outright release, you can bet Minnesota will be on his radar. Stay tuned, because this probably will be a very convoluted process.

Quote:
OK I'll go 2 month's from the time the Pack/Vikes are eliminated from the playoffs. One more twist though if the Vikes sweep the Pack or win the tie break but the Packers go farther in the Playoffs I lose the Avatar bet and vise-versa!

If either team wins the Super-Bowl then we go a YEAR!

You're on! Winner picks the avatar for the loser? I like the twist! GO PACK GO!

I heard he stated he wanted out of GB because of the "lack of motivation". I guess meaning the pack not being aggressive in bringing in the right pieces. Havent the vikings been the "anti-pack" with the aquisitions they made? Hmmmm.....it he gets released it will be interesting to see which teams come calling. Its almost laughable to think that Favre could be playing at Lambeau opening night after all....in purple. Can't believe it could shake out that way though.

Heard a report that Minnesota contacted GB about Favre's release......

I just puked a little in my mouth.

seriously though, not gonna happen. Im glad the Vikes contacted Green Bay about this, Green Bay will think we are interested and therefore will not release him unconditionally. If they do let him go I guarantee he wont be playing in the black and blue division.

If he does get let go that gives him the right to sign with any team he wants and that very well could be in the black and blue. If hes let go the pack can't say anything about where he goes. The thing that national media has been saying all along is that he wont play in the central because they couldnt fathom the pack just letting him go. Well, looks like Favre might be forcing that hand so you never know. I just think it would be hilarious to see the green bay glory boy tell the organization to get lost and to them see him sign in the central. Wow what would that do to the packer fans. I mean if the vikes, bears, chiefs, ravens, and dolphins come calling, where would you sign to have the best chance at a superbowl?

I think with the defense the vikings are going to have and with adrian, if favre comes to the vikes and has a similar season to last year we could be a favorite to represent the NFC.

The packer fans would die if that happend, knocking on the door last year and taking the vikes all the way this year.

So if Favre gets his release as he wishes, god forbid he would sign with the purple, on the season opener against the pack, when the packers are going to honor Favre, do the cheeseheads cheer or boo Favre? grin

So if Favre gets his release as he wishes, god forbid he would sign with the purple, on the season opener against the pack, when the packers are going to honor Favre, do the cheeseheads cheer or boo Favre? grin

Packer fans have more class than the other side of the river where he would be boo'd if the situation was reversed. Happens every time a former player comes back to the Cities to play a game. MN is all about "what have you done for me lately". You can't argue with that because it's true and everyone knows it. Lest we forget Torrie Hunter, the latest "trader". smirk

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes

Packer fans have more class than the other side of the river where he would be boo'd if the situation was reversed. Happens every time a former player comes back to the Cities to play a game. MN is all about "what have you done for me lately". You can't argue with that because it's true and everyone knows it. Lest we forget Torrie Hunter, the latest "trader". smirk

There is nothing to argue with your usual anti-Minnesota EVERYTHING rantings it was a standing ovation for Tori Hunter when he played here.

There were a few boo's from some people who believed Tori when he LIED said it wasn't about the money... wink

Go Twins/Vikes and the great state and PEOPLE of Minnesota... grin

The return of the 7-time golden-glover Torii Hunter brought mixed reactions from the Metrodome crowd, but most appeared to have an undying affection for the most popular player in Minnesota since the great Kirby Puckett

New Angels center fielder Torii Hunter jogged out to the first-base line for pregame introductions and doffed his cap as fans showered him with applause. The Twins paused the introductions at that moment to play a video of Hunter's great plays for the Twin.

appeared from the tunnel that leads to the visitors' locker room moments before the game's opening tap. As the first fans got the glimpse of that shaved head, they rose in unison and delivered a 75-second ovation that Garnett -- the 2004 NBA MVP who played for the Wolves his first 12 pro seasons -- acknowledged with the wave of his hand and a couple of reverential bows.

Here are some quotes from news articles regarding Garnett's and Hunter's returns to Minnesota. Oh yeah, we are just full of spite and hate.

Quote:
Favre has more class than to sign with the purple and gold

Yep...Farve has shown nothing but class the way he has strung along the fans and Packer organization the last few years.

I think with the defense the vikings are going to have and with adrian, if favre comes to the vikes and has a similar season to last year we could be a favorite to represent the NFC.

The packer fans would die if that happend, knocking on the door last year and taking the vikes all the way this year.

What makes you think he just wouldn't throw another record high INT and head home again with vikes fans in dissapointment yet again.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes

Did you not see the ovation that Garnett received? I think it depends on the player and how they left and how much they meant to the fans.