• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

Favre is very overrated...yet is still in the top 10 best of all time. Not top 5, but in the top 10 (or close to it).

But, to be honest, I think the Packers will be better off with Rodgers. He is ready to step up, and it is time for the Packers to look to the future and forget the past. But, as we all know, that is impossible for the Packer Fans to do....

I really hope he comes back, for two reason 1)to win a $100 bet I made with a friend who is a Packer Fan 2)TJ can't seem to throw the ball to Vikings players, but I know Favre is good at it (if he plays for the Pack again).

Seriously, if Favre plays for the Pack...we have a 50/50 chance of winning. With Rodgers, I think the Packs odds are BETTER.

How can you be very overrated and the top 10 of all time?

I hope you win your $100 bet and as far as the future goes Favre was a top 5 QB last year.

Mark

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are thinking too much as a Viking fan on this one. I think the Pack sucks just as much as any decent Viking fan (LOL) - but it would be SO much fun to have #4 are QB. He would be an upgrade - plus, you have to admit - watching the Packer fans swilling their turpentine to ease their pain would be SO much fun.

Let's go - getterdone. Can you imagine the howl that would go up on Monday night Football if Favre were suddenly in a "Purple Pride" uni? LOL

How can you be overrated and be in the top 10 of all time? When people act like he is the greatest of all time. Great quarterback, but not that great.

He will NEVER play for any other team in the Central Division. But, I could see him going to another team.

If I was Rodgers, and Favre came back and was the starter...I would be ticked off. I would rather take Rodgers than Favre....

I dont hate the Pack, I just dont like Favre! I would take Rodgers over Favre as well!

And if you are saying Favre is a top 10 QB because of his records, if I played long enough, I would set records too! I will give him that he was a good qb, he was durable, but thats all. He is not a top 10 in todays game, maybe , maybe over all, you could have an arguement over top 10.

He isnt very mobile, his arm isnt what it used to be, his acuracy is well, what it always has been, mediocre at best. He has played with good recievers his whole career. He is a risk taker, (not a bad thing really).

And again the biggest reason is, I am just sick of hearing his name, having to put up with Maddens school girl crush on him for the last 15 years has been a little sickening to say the least! I dot think I am going to even watch our first season game, just because I dont want to hear about Favre all game long. Sorry but I dont want him to play for the Vikes. I have watched every single Vikes game that I could, I used to have season passes, and if Favre played for us it would be the first games I didnt watch when I could watch them!

What do you got against Favre? That he is one of the best QB's to play the game?

I'm a Big Favre fan, and with that being said, I still think that he should retire for good. He had a great season last year. He should retire on a good note.

I think Rodgers will do well anyway. The few times he played last year he did very well. He almost came back and beat the cowboys last season when Favre was pulled. I think he proved his worth and should have his chance. If Rodgers goes in I know he'll show up Jackson no problem! Go Packs!

And if you are saying Favre is a top 10 QB because of his records, if I played long enough, I would set records too! I will give him that he was a good qb, he was durable, but thats all. He is not a top 10 in todays game, maybe , maybe over all, you could have an arguement over top 10.

He isnt very mobile, his arm isnt what it used to be, his acuracy is well, what it always has been, mediocre at best.

Delusional is right. Look at his stats the past few years before posting nonsense. I'd love to have that caliber of "washed up" player on my team any day. geesh.

Like it or not, he was a consideration for MVP last year by many people. As Pier said if you level the playing field by looking at the talent on each team (NE vs. GB), Favre did a lot more with less compared to Brady who had a bench full of all-stars. To be considered as a MVP in your last year in the NFL is remarkable and hardly "washed up".

That being said, I'd rather that he just stayed retired and not come back to become another Joe Montana playing for KC in the last year or two of his career because he "had the itch". It'll be better for him to go out on top instead of fading away into obscurity like Montana did.

I think my grief with Favre is mostly the blame of the media, regardless I dont want him on the Vikings! Even if he is better then any QB we have on our team!

As a viking fan, would you really want to win a super bowl with Favre and then hear about how you did it with Green Bay's QB from their fans? Or would you want to suffer a letdown with him at the helm like last year's NFC championship game and hear all about it from Packers fans? You couldn't win no matter how you sliced it. I think its better for both teams to stick with their young QBs. Both teams will be fun to watch no matter who is under center.

Ok now that we are all done venting let's get this back on topic. smile

About this text message that Farve sent to the Packers team president while on vacation that went unreturned ...although rumor has it he cut his vacation short and his heading back to Sconie!

grin

I am with you on this one, I think with these two teams with two young QB's and good teams behind them, it will make this division exciting to watch for many years.

I think for those that think Favre was a great quarterback and would love to have him play for the vikes are living in that fantasy world thinking Cullpeper was a good quarterback and Denny green was a guru of coaches grin All three knew how to lose a game. I mean all 4

I dont feel my statement was over the top. Your statement might have been a joke but it was still idoitic. I have made many posts on the Favre thing and really am tired of the whole soap opera. As a die hard packer fan living in Queens territory I hear all the time that #4 isn't any good bla bla bla. I cant help it that Madden and the national media have a crush on him. If I was a Viking fan I would hate him but still respect how good of a QB he was. I do apologize for coming across the way I did. By the way this is the last statement I make on Favre coming back, maybe.

Mark

Ya your right, That was not fair putting Favre in the same sentance as those above mentioned. Idiotic was kinda harsh but I cant really think of another word that would fit.

May the Queens rule whoops I ment Vikings.

I dont feel my statement was over the top. Your statement might have been a joke but it was still idoitic. I have made many posts on the Favre thing and really am tired of the whole soap opera. As a die hard packer fan living in Queens territory I hear all the time that #4 isn't any good bla bla bla. I cant help it that Madden and the national media have a crush on him. If I was a Viking fan I would hate him but still respect how good of a QB he was. I do apologize for coming across the way I did. By the way this is the last statement I make on Favre coming back, maybe.

Mark

Isn't a statement made as a joke kind of supposed to be indiotic, ironic, or silly by definition? When I saw the grin icon posted in the sentence I was prepared for something a little out there and it usually tells me to lower my sensitivity level.

If you are sick of Vikes fans ripping Farve shouldn't we also be entitled to be a little worn out about hearing the other side of the coin also?

I think most Vikes fans respect his abilities that he has but also have come to recognize that he may not be the god he has been made out to be. In my lowly opinion he is one of the best of all time but he can cost your team a game as quickly as he can win one. That plus the constant theatrics every off season for the last few years is selfish and egotistical. His treatment of Aaron Rodgers also smacks of ego and selfishness (he and Rodgers have admitted that he has been a a$$, especially in the beginning to Rodgers). He refused to work with the kid and show him the ropes. If you are one of the greatest all time you shouldn't feel threatened by some snot nosed draft choice.

Lastly, does he always have to look he just crawled out from under the hood of a car. He always looks like he needs a shower. His uniform should have a Snap On where the Reebok logo is and the towel in his belt should be replaced with a greasy rag in the back pocket.

Favre has a huge ego...but enough of that for now.

But, how can we not make fun of him for that and how the media and Packer fans treat him? When he announced his retirement, a fan on TV (grown man who was crying) compared it to the day JFK was shot. OMG!!!

And, that was not all...but I won't go into that either....

Isn't a statement made as a joke kind of supposed to be indiotic, ironic, or silly by definition? When I saw the grin icon posted in the sentence I was prepared for something a little out there and it usually tells me to lower my sensitivity level.

If you are sick of Vikes fans ripping Farve shouldn't we also be entitled to be a little worn out about hearing the other side of the coin also?

I think most Vikes fans respect his abilities that he has but also have come to recognize that he may not be the god he has been made out to be. In my lowly opinion he is one of the best of all time but he can cost your team a game as quickly as he can win one. That plus the constant theatrics every off season for the last few years is selfish and egotistical. His treatment of Aaron Rodgers also smacks of ego and selfishness (he and Rodgers have admitted that he has been a a$$, especially in the beginning to Rodgers). He refused to work with the kid and show him the ropes. If you are one of the greatest all time you shouldn't feel threatened by some snot nosed draft choice.

Lastly, does he always have to look he just crawled out from under the hood of a car. He always looks like he needs a shower. His uniform should have a Snap On where the Reebok logo is and the towel in his belt should be replaced with a greasy rag in the back pocket.

laughlaugh Very well said. I agree with everything.

8 pages of posts and not one of you Vikings fans wants the avatar bet I proposed earlier?

Lot of smack talkin without anybody willing to put it on the line? Typical, the Vikings talk a good game, but can't back it up gringringrin

What was the bet again?.. if memory serves me right it was insanely long like 2 years plus the Packers are playing at home??????

If you wanted to propose something more reasonable and FAIR as far as the bet's go lets hear it.

I had to laugh the other day on a local radio station the two broadcasters were talking about Favre returning. If the Packer were to release him they said two teams would be high on picking him up. Da bears and the Vikings. They started talking about if the Vikes were to pick him up and on opening night when Favre's #4 jersey would be retired and he would be standing on the Vikings sideline with a Purple #4 jersey on. HMMMM wonder how the Slacker fans would like that. Would he be BOOED or would there literally be a boarder battle. Fans and all. I have always enjoyed Brett (except when he played against the Vikes) unless the Vike beat up on him. He is and will alway be a great QB. Very entertaining to watch. Best of luck to him on whatever he does.