• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Well well we got the Dakota boys involved in this topic..... grin spose they gotta root for some team and the Pack are a perfect fit IMO.

North Dakota's professional football team has as many championships as the Vikings. grin

HAH! Perfectly said. As a Nodak for going on 30 years, I was thankful we never had to pony up tax dollars for pro football/baseball stadiums. Most of us Nodaks just rooted for the losers next door. Of course, I rooted for the football team two states east. gringringrin

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I would rather have T Jack. At least we know whos gonna show up on the feild. Besides we dont need a great QB to win games we need good plans good thinking on the spur of the moment and a good defence. And I think were gonna get a better defence.

Besides I would be nice for the vikes to have there own Identity rather than looking at a player rembering oh yea he was great when he played for so and so. We dont need to go back to the dredded "Green erreor"

Limit, I dislike farve that much!! I dont mind the packers, just favre! So if he ended up our QB, I would not watch a game until the vikes realize he is washed up, and over rated, like 6 games!

Farve's brother says its 50-50 whether he plays again and his Mom didn't sound very happy with how Packers have treated her son the last few years while the Packer legend was deciding his future with the team.

So much for the media conspiracy angle!

Why would you retire after the MVP type season he had last year which has been my problem with this and why I said from the beginning he's not done!

I don't see it happening but I'd take Farve in a New York minute if we could get him!

Go Vikes!

I am absolutey glad he is has the itch, and that the media had caught wind of it. And I'm a Viking fan. Simple reason. It gives people something to chat about in that ridiculously long dead period between OTA's and training camp. Before this the hot topic was Erasmus James for crying out loud. If we didn't have this we might be doing a "where are they now?" thread on Les Steckel. Let's hope Favre drags his out and gives us some sweet soundbites to gripe about.

Anyone see the NFC Championship last year?

I think most of the Vikes and their fans got to watch it on TV. grin

Are you guys just sad that T-Jack doesn't get any media play or what.

It's pretty sad that all these sports newsies can't find a better (or at least a little more substantiated story) than this. This first-hand account from Favre's neighbor's second cousin is just a little bit flimsy. Also, anything from the Biloxi Herald has zero credability. Without Favre NO ONE outside of that county would even know it existed.

Originally Posted By: fishyguy
Anyone see the NFC Championship last year?

Are you guys just sad that T-Jack doesn't get any media play or what.

It's pretty sad that all these sports newsies can't find a better (or at least a little more substantiated story) than this. This first-hand account from Favre's neighbor's second cousin is just a little bit flimsy. Also, anything from the Biloxi Herald has zero credability. Without Favre NO ONE outside of that county would even know it existed.

It's not sad at all its very real and Farve will more than likely play again the problem I believe the Pack has is making sure Farve doesn't play in the NFC North!

I think Farves brothers 50-50 number is a little low myself but we'll see.

Originally Posted By: nolte
Originally Posted By: fishyguy

We sure did... gringringrin.....right down to the last PICK!

Amen brother. Maybe that's why he wants to come back, so he can retire again off another pick. laugh

I love reading the jealousy in the words of the many Vikings fans.One of the ten greatest Quarterbacks in NFL history ( as you notice I said ten greatest, pretty good for a delusional packer fan)will not play for any other team then the Packers. The Packers have his rights for two more years and aren't going to trade them unless a team offers numerous high draft picks. If he does decide to comeback with the pack then you can pencil in another North division title. If he doesn't then it will be a dog fight between the Queens and the Pack for the division.

Mark

I love listening to KFAN after another Queens loss laugh

I agree he's in the top 10 and also would not quite put him in the top 5. I disagree that he'll play for the Packers though if he returns.

I'm quite sure he enjoyed the constant ESPN coverage he got when he retired. And he wants some more air time and also wants to keep adding TD's to his record. Fortunately he'll also be adding to his INT record when/if he returns.

There are teams out there that would love #4 coming to their town. I'm not even sure it will take a lot to trade for him. If he does decide to return, I don't expect to see him wearing green or purple.

Most teams in need of a QB aren't contending for a playoff berth. The question is why would they reach for a aging QB by trading away draft picks. The Packers would never release him outright with the chance he would play for the Vikes or any team in the NFC (I hope).

Mark

If you could have Favre for some draft picks and have the chance for him to play behind that line and our running backs - with our good defense - you wouldn't do it?

Face it - we haven't had too many grabs at the brass ring - if it could happen, I'd take the shot.

Of course, I realize this is just all wild-root speculation and gossip.

Plus - it would be SO FUN to watch Packer fans go absolutely NUTS over this.

BTW - do you know how to get two Packer women in an elevator? Grease up their hips and toss in a Twinkie!

If you could have Favre for some draft picks and have the chance for him to play behind that line and our running backs - with our good defense - you wouldn't do it?

Face it - we haven't had too many grabs at the brass ring - if it could happen, I'd take the shot.

Of course, I realize this is just all wild-root speculation and gossip.

Plus - it would be SO FUN to watch Packer fans go absolutely NUTS over this.

BTW - do you know how to get two Packer women in an elevator? Grease up their hips and toss in a Twinkie!

I wouldnt do it! The Vikes would loose 1 fan for sure!

YOU GOT TO BE JOKING!!!!

The one thing the Queens need to make it to the Super Bowl and maybe win one for once and you would pass it up. Thats how fast it takes for Queen fans to jump ship.

Mark

I for one would be heart broken to see #4 in a Queens uniform

Who says #4 will be better then what we have? Are you saying Favre will take us to the SB?For those of you that bleed favre, wake up, he has been washed up for years!!! We are better off playing T jack he is our future! (Maybe). Regardless, I am so sick of hearing about Favre, that I dont want to hear about him even more! Sorry I am not a fan of Favre!

Favre is very overrated...yet is still in the top 10 best of all time. Not top 5, but in the top 10 (or close to it).

But, to be honest, I think the Packers will be better off with Rodgers. He is ready to step up, and it is time for the Packers to look to the future and forget the past. But, as we all know, that is impossible for the Packer Fans to do....

I really hope he comes back, for two reason 1)to win a $100 bet I made with a friend who is a Packer Fan 2)TJ can't seem to throw the ball to Vikings players, but I know Favre is good at it (if he plays for the Pack again).

Seriously, if Favre plays for the Pack...we have a 50/50 chance of winning. With Rodgers, I think the Packs odds are BETTER.

Who says #4 will be better then what we have? Are you saying Favre will take us to the SB?For those of you that bleed favre, wake up, he has been washed up for years!!! We are better off playing T jack he is our future! (Maybe). Regardless, I am so sick of hearing about Favre, that I dont want to hear about him even more! Sorry I am not a fan of Favre!

No offensive Wanderer you and I are pretty much on the same page sports wise NORMALLY......But you "and your post" are totally delusional saying Farve has been washed up for years.

All things considered he had one of the best years a QB has every had last year if not for Brady's season with far more offensive talent then Green Bays he would have and arguably should have been the NFL's MVP!

OK Cheese-heads take it easy on him.... grin