• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bearing Upgrades?

polarsusd81

Question

I need new bearings for a Citica and a couple old Corsair reels. I know the part numbers and I have been searching online to find them. I called Shimano customer service and to get the stock Shimano BNT0194 bearing, it is 10.60 for each one. I found a place where I can get some ABEC 7 rated stainless bearings for 7.95 or I could get Ceramics for 14.95. The place that offers the ABEC 7 bearings also sells them in 10 pack sets for 25.00 and 55.00 respectfully. I am thinking of going with the Ceramics as I have heard a few good things about them. Really I need 6 of them and have a couple other reels the bearings fit in so I was thinking of just throwing a couple in them too or keep a few spares for if the need arrises again.

My question is this, has anyone had any experience with the upgraded bearings or are am I the only one that has blown out a set of bearings and is looking for replacements? I would like to hear from anyone that has upgraded or replaced them.

I am also considering converting a Curado 200B38 to a 200B5 and I know another guy here did the same thing. It would cost about 30 bucks to do the conversion so I will probably go ahead and do that here some time. With all the work I have been doing on my reels lately, I have become pretty darn good at tearing them down though. It is kinda fun once you get into them to clean em up.

1 answer to this question

Spool bearings...I personally haven't had a need to nor would be savvy enough to...but I heard you generally would get a pair of it. I alway thought the ABEC 7 would be more expensive than the stock bearings. Maybe it's a special discounted price.