• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Little Bullheads

riverrat56

I have found once you start to target small bullies, every one you get is huge. Then you get small bullies when going for larger ones. Funny?

I am still looking for a constant supply of bullies grin. When you find them let us know.

RR56,

You do not fish the Croix with a guy named Mike do you?

riverrat56 what is your email? i know a spot that is near your neck of the woods. i imagine the spot produces fairly regularly. it is a spot that i caught quite a few smaller bullies when looking for 5-7" ones.

You could go to Hanska or any of the smaller lake slough type things by new ulm. If you are up to a 1/2 hour drive you could go to butterfield lake out side of butterfield. There are millions of 2 to 4 inch bullheads in there.

I've got big bullheads, so if anyone needs any let me know, I can find you some and you can take all you want. I would surely trade for some small ones. I'm a walleye guy, it's a sickness...

tj, your on the money with your lake, but the small bullheads are hard to come by, alot of 5-7"er's swimming around.

I will try a minnow trap, what should I bait it with? Or nothing at all?

I've got big bullheads, so if anyone needs any let me know, I can find you some and you can take all you want. I would surely trade for some small ones. I'm a walleye guy, it's a sickness...

tj, your on the money with your lake, but the small bullheads are hard to come by, alot of 5-7"er's swimming around.

I will try a minnow trap, what should I bait it with? Or nothing at all?

to bad your so far out... I could meet your needs.

Have a nice stock under 4"

I wont be trapping again until this weekend, I will check and see if you got some if you got some let me know because I usually just I throw them back. You can have them if you want them

I just used a regular minnow trap you can buy at any sporting goods store. I think they only run about $10. A lot of people I know use dry dog food, but I like using scraps of meat or fish.

Hope you have enought we will need a good 50 or so tomorrow night I hope. I don't think so but wouldn't that nice.

I have plenty to last through the weekend. The fish have been very active, the action has been great lately. I just need to get one of those big girls in the boat! It would be possible to go through 1-2 dozen bullheads per person in a night. Hopefully a few bigger ones want to play tonight!

I need to find a consistant source of small, 2-4" bullheads, sadly they will not be used for catting, turns out, big walleyes love them too...

Any ideas?

I will be going out shortly to pull my traps, are you in need still for small bullheads? If so I will bring the small ones with me, if not, I just throw them back.