• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are the Twins better without Cuddyer?

SledNeck

perkins slides by, justins hits a good one, and nathan in for the save. thats what I call a game. not sure bout cuddyer he can be a key player, but the on the same note he can SUCK.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on sled. Span is doing awesome too. I bet Cuddyer is nervous now. His spot in the lineup may not be available when he comes back if these young guys keep showing him up and keep playing like they are playing. I think the Cuddyer era may be coming to an end grin!

Sporting News fantasy points out the following on Delmon:

It took Young 62 games to hit his first homer, but since then he's hit .312 with seven homers and 33 RBIs in 52 games.

And a breakdown of Denard Span, as he follow the path that Gomez has taken this season:

Season: .309

Last 30 days: .296

Last 14 days: .283

Last 7 days: .269

In a few more weeks, everyone will be wondering how soon Cuddyer can come back and get back in the lineup to replace Span...

Nobody knows what kind of player Span is going to be going forward, but I for one like his game and remember that he likely would have been on the opening day roster had it not been for the pressure of having Gomez there to have something to show for losing Santana.

It's been pointed out that he's batted .269 the last seven days. Guess who's career average that matches? Not saying the downward trend of the last couple weeks won't continue but let's not be too quick to say he's going to keep keep going that direction. I think it's safe to say that we know the player that Cuddy is and that Denard Span since he's been called up is a definite upgrade. Not only has he been a better hitter but he's filling in the #1 slot very well and he's a threat on the bases.

Not saying Cuddy is a bad player by any means but then again we know he's never going to be a #1 batter type player but Span still could potentially be there.

I doubt Cuddyer will be shopped after signing a long-term deal. The Twins still need a DH that can rest the outfielders, why not slot him in there? He's a legit extra-base threat on a team with too few of those - I'm not going to give up on him after one injury-riddled season.

He's a good offensive player with some speed, a good glove, & a cannon for an arm.

It's getting trendy to write him off. I don't think that's wise at this point.

I like the consistancy that Young and Span in the short time they have been up here.

When Cuddy is hot he is a great asset. Gomez was great at the beginning of the season, but he has not been as effective in the latter half, and the number of strikeouts/bad at bats has been painful to watch. I say keep Cuddyer, rotate the OF as necessary to give players a break. Gomez needs more time on the bench - when he is out Span center, Cuddyer right.

The depth is important if we are to make it and get trought the post season. With all the injuries they will be glad they have it. Just look at what has happened to the infield this season.