• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are the Twins better without Cuddyer?

SledNeck

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with trading Cuddyer.. Most outfield assists, and has shown power in the past. Which is one area we need, plus we just signed him to a 3 yr deal.

I like harris at short, He will Come around, and has more power than tolbert.

I do not think the Twins should trade Cuddyer for a set-up man. They have plenty of set up men now and more in the minors (Korecky).

I feel the best move would be to send Gomez to AAA and play Span in center (leaving Young, Span and Cuddyer as your everyday outfield with Kubel and Monroe as your DHs). Tolbert belongs in the minors as well. His numbers speak for themselves (.307 OBP is not good). He is no better than Nick Punto.

If the Twins wanted to trade Cuddyer (which I can understand given their depth in the outfield) they should trade him for a quality SS or 3B.

Why send Gomez to AAA? Hes a better fielder than Span and he has very solid MLB numbers for someone at his age/experience level. He brings excitment to the line-up cause he plays hard no matter what. Hes the true definition of what a Minnesota Twin is or should be.

What does it matter that we just signed cuddyer? He still can be traded. Sure he has a great arm, but hes not the greatest fielder.

Tolbert IMO has the potential to be a really good player with more playing time, hes a better option than Everett or Harris. Hes fast and plays all out.

Harris is batting .245 hardly stellar...to put it in perspective its worse than Cuddyer. Punto IMO has more upside than Harris for the short term.

and what can you say about Brian Buscher, this guy is good!

Trading Cuddy would be wrong. # 1 his arm keeps runners in line and he has had some bad luck in the injury dept. His ability to go back on balls is not the greatest, but his arm makes up for it. Young however needs a lot of work in left. I think he should have caught that homerun ball last night. He turned and waited for the bounce off the fence. He should have been able to get back in time. His range is very limited.

Don't go messin with Gomez. He is doing just fine.

If anything have Span split time in left with Young and see who stands out more.

Young is coming around as a hitter. He is very young right now and will improve with time. Considering most hitters reach their prime in their early 30s he is fine where hes at now. Cuddyer will never be a better avg. hitter than Young.

Why are you guys trying to change the hottest team in baseball right now? I just dont understand! When they are winning, have the best last 15 games in all of baseball, they have produced the most runs in a long time, pitching has been top notch! And all you guys can do is talk about how bad everyone is, and you want to trade away half the team! crazy

Time is the key word. Cuddy is already at his prime, and we know what we got with him. Young is young and will take a few years to develop, meanwhile Span is also young and learning and that will take time. I would like to see Span get in front of the ball better as 2 chances last night were kinda scary. Cuddy will come back and be just fine. Do we see the trend in the finger injuries.

Why are you guys trying to change the hottest team in baseball right now? I just dont understand! When they are winning, have the best last 15 games in all of baseball, they have produced the most runs in a long time, pitching has been top notch! And all you guys can do is talk about how bad everyone is, and you want to trade away half the team! crazy

who is trying to change it? we have everyone in place now besides maybe injecting tolbert in a position that is being shared anyway. We are a better team with Span in Right IMO.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes

who is trying to change it? we have everyone in place now besides maybe injecting tolbert in a position that is being shared anyway. We are a better team with Span in Right IMO.

Who, read the last statements, or even a few other posts, Trade Cuddy, put Gomez in AAA, Send Young down, Send Harris down, relief pitchers all loose their jobs, managers should all be fired! Am I missing anyone? Pohlad doesnt know how to spend his money! Anything else?

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
crazy

Who, read the last statements, or even a few other posts, Trade Cuddy, put Gomez in AAA, Send Young down, Send Harris down, relief pitchers all loose their jobs, managers should all be fired! Am I missing anyone? Pohlad doesnt know how to spend his money! Anything else?

You are hired!.. grin

I had just brought this topic up with a friend last night in the boat. I do think the Twins are better off with Span in RF. I also like the idea of trading Cuddy for either a 3rd baseman or relief help now. The Twins are a very exciting team when you have Gomez, Span, and Casilla running around the bases like they're crazy. They will generate way more offense than Cuddy and his 15-20 HR's (if he's lucky) will. Good post Sledneck.

Cannon arm. Plays the wall well, will get his share of hits and rbi....I don't see any thing about HOW WELL GARDY IS DOING.. quick to complain about Gardy when they lose but no praise when they win...

Players are making it easy for Gardy. Casilla/Buscher/Span playing well=leave them in.

Harris= not as good in the field as punto. Lower obp and ba. Slower base runner.

whats the argument?

What has Cuddyer ever done to deserve to be talked about like this? He's been playing through injury all season long, and he's still driving in runs when he needs to. It's hard to hit homeruns when you can only grip the bat with two fingers with one of your hands!

The guy has an absolutely cannon and will hit in the upper 200's with a lot of pop. Why are we complaining???