Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate McVey

6 1/2 ft Catfish chokes to death on soccer ball

8 posts in this topic

updated 3:36 p.m. CT, Tues., July. 1, 2008

BERLIN - A catfish apparently choked to death after trying to chow down on a soccer ball in the locks of a Bavarian canal.

German police said the 6 1/2-foot-long fish was found dead Monday, floating on the surface of the water with a blue-and-white soccer ball in its mouth.

"He tried to eat the ball and it got stuck," police spokesman Karl-Heinz Kuberlein said Tuesday.

6.5 ft! That's a big cat! Maybe some of you guys should head to Berlin grin

Must be one of those Wels Cats and some kind of sick twisted spin-off of the Famous Flathead bobbing around the lake with a red rubber ball in it's mouth. smile

I was thinking he might have been upset about the soccer match Germany lost last weekend and chose to make a statement grin

0330catfishbasketball3cy1.jpg

Some of the fish i've seen Dtro pull out this year look like they actually ate one of these basketballs!!!! grin

6.5 frick'en feet!

Every time I see that picture (above) and/or email I think someone must have stuffed it in there. They had to. I mean, how depressing is that a flathead is dumb enough to try swallowing a ball, yet they never seem to take my bait! (This reply does not require any smart alecy responses either). crazy

I might have to try some nerf balls soaked in bullhead slime.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• You would get what you deserve if he does do what he says he's going to do. You would get to pay for a wall, probably watch your children or grandchildren go to war, pay for his infrastructure spending, you'll still get some kind of government sponsored healthcare, more gun control and I can only imagine what else.
    • You don't seem to get it at all. It's all about what these candidates stand for. If trump would completely change his stances (again) to be closer to what the Libertarians stand for then yes you may have a point. With his current views I would not be a Trump supporter and would hope he would have no way of gaining the Libertarian party nomination. 
    • But yet you can't answer PF's question. If you can't think of any you admire, why should he be able to? That question is like the infamous, "If you could be a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" Stupid questions don't deserve an answer. At least he didn't say Putin.  
    • OK, here is your big chance to get some land away from the evil state government and back into private hands.    And help out the schools and fight cronyism at the same time.    (the requirement you need to be there to bid is clearly a crony deal in my opinion) The Department of Natural Resources will sell 40 northern Minnesota parcels in three public oral bid auctions in October and November. Tuesday, Oct. 25 – Nine northwestern Minnesota parcels will be auctioned at the County Administration Building in Bemidji. Thursday, Oct. 27 – 27 northeastern Minnesota parcels will be auctioned at the Lake County Courthouse in Two Harbors. Thursday, Nov. 3 – Four parcels in north-central Minnesota will be auctioned at DNR Brainerd area office. The properties include unimproved recreational land and residential lakeshore parcels in Aitkin, Cass, Clearwater, Cook, Crow Wing, Hubbard, Itasca, Lake, and St. Louis counties. There is a wide range of sizes and land uses in this selection of sales, from a small 0.80 acre former water access site on Pine Lake in Clearwater County to a 200-acre recreational parcel in Breitung Township in northeastern St. Louis County. The DNR regularly sells land which is no longer needed for its original conservation purpose, after a thorough internal review, and after giving state agencies and local governments opportunities to purchase the land. Proceeds from sales of lands the DNR had once acquired go to the DNR division that had managed the land and are used to purchase and develop lands better suited to that division’s conservation goals. Many of the parcels to be sold are School Trust lands. Proceeds from these auction sales are deposited to a fund that benefits the state’s public school system. School Trust land by law can only be sold at public auction.
      Bidders are advised to obtain and view the property data sheet, be familiar with the property, minimum bid price, and terms and conditions of sale prior to attending the auction. To obtain a property data sheet or terms and conditions of sale call 651-259-5432, or 888-646-6367 or email landsale@dnr.state.mn.us. The property data sheets are also available online at www.dnr.state.mn.us/lands_minerals/landsale/.
    • Watch the video.  He didn't say "I don't find much to admire...."   He said "uh... I'm having an Aleppo moment... maybe the guy that used to be president of mexico.... then weld said "Fox" and he said "yeah, Fox"   You had to see it to believe it.    
    • Who are the world leaders you admire the most? Feel free to name them . Personally I can't think of any I have admiration for
  • Our Sponsors