• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

24v - battery jumper length ?

minneman

Im putting a bow mount on an old boat, the best place for 2 bats is one under each console due to weight distribution. will using a 3'-4' jumper affect the performance? I'll be using 6g wire.

Thanks MM.

So I think I have it hooked up, 80 terrova w/AP, using a typical 4 prong marinco plug. theres a diagram on another site showing a typical 12/24 aplication using 2 pos wires and 2 neg wires off the + on one bat and the - on the other going to the female plug in, with a jumper between the remaining + -(above question)

4wire%20Marinco.JPG

Im assuming that this allows either 12 or 24 volt motors to use the same plug..? If Im only using 1 set of + and - wires to the female plug using the tabs that hook to the right 24v connection, am I OK and just loosing out on the possible use of a 12v motor with this plug, or does this 24v motor need 12v too?

Based on the picture, I'd say that it's setup for a trolling motor that has an option for 12V or 24V operation, and you conenct the wires from the trolling motor to interface with the socket, as shown above.

In the end, it's all about how you wire up the trolling motor side.

marine_man