• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help rigging up 2nd GPS unit

Hey guys, I need some help. The boat we bought had an LCX20c at the console already. I want to wire up so I can take my LMS332c from the old Lund and mount on the bow and run in conjunction with the 20. I picked up 2 blue T connectors and 2 - 120 ohm Terminators and an extension cable. Don't need sonar, have separate unit at bow already. Do I simply pull the network cable from the center socket of the 20, insert a blue T, hook the network cable (from the puck) that I just disconnected from the 20, to one end of the T and the extension cable to the other end of the T, and then plug the ext cable into the network socket of the 332 at the bow? And do I assume that there is probably a 60 ohm Terminator that Y's off the network cable from the puck? If so, do I leave that, or remove that and add the 120 Term, then add the other 120 terminator to the open end of the T at the 332 unit? And how do I power up the second unit - or is that taken care of by hooking into the existing unit with the network cable? 10,000 Casts, if nobody can help me out is it okay to call you on your cell or at work tomorrow for some advice? Thanks everyone.

Keith,

You shouldn't have a problem with the other unit, but if it doesn't pick up reception, give me a call on my cell. Also, I wasn't 100% clear on how you were getting power to the bow unit. If it is comming straight from the starting battery then you will need a toggle switch even if the other unit already has one. But if you are bringing in power from your console then you will be fine. Anything else, let me know.

Thanks John. Got her wired up, and GPS works great. Two things I can't figure out though - temp flashes on the second unit at 32, while the 1st unit reads air temp accurately at 65. And it won't show local time, even though when I go in to the system setup it shows time exactly. I'm okay for now. Only other thing bugging me is the LCX20 w/Navionics chip is showing all water over 20' deep as white, even though I don't have the "fill water with white" checked. I would prefer it shows all water as blue so I don't get fooled and think I'm running into and island or something. Any ideas? Good luck this weekend.

Keith