Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
boatfixer

2005 Ford Freestar check engine light

Check engine light came on, runs rough. Mrs boatfixer takes it to a shop that has done work for me before and I trust them. Tech took a quick scan and said #2 was mis-firing. Said pretty sure it's an injector, probably not a coil. Question, Can't the fancy schmancy scanner tell the difference between an ignition and fuel problem? She is taking it back in tomorrow for a better look. What can I expect to pay for cleaning injectors?

No!

The "fancy schmancy scanner" cannot tell you anything more than the cylinder that the misfire is on (P0302 - #2 misfire). Its up to the tech to put his/her brain to work to rule out all the possibilities except the one that is causing the problem. These possibilities can be, a vacuum leak, burnt valve, burnt piston, any other source of poor compression, ad spark plug, bad valve seals (oil foiling of the plug), week injector, bad coil, wiring between the PCM and affected coil/injector, PCM, worn cam, bad lifter, and the list goes on and on. It would be nice if there was a "fancy schmancy scanner" though!

If this is the 3.0 DOHC 24 valve engine it has coil over coils. One coil per cylinder. In my experience I have replaced way more coils than injectors on this engine. Unfortunately I think that the # 2 coil is under the plenum so it can not easily be moved to another cylinder to see if the misfire follows the coil or not. Typically you can use a spark tester and watch the spark fail as you crank it over (the other coils need to be disconnected so the vehicle will not start with the plenum off).

Airjer is correct, I too would guess coil pack over injector. You can hook up tools te determine if it is a coil causing the miss, or an injector. But it is easier to swap part to a different cyl. and see if the miss moves to the other cyl

I would also say C.O.P...

I would think intake leaking, before a failed inj...

WOW that hurts!! I guess we all get a swing and a miss every once and a while. Glad to hear it was a simple and probably relatively inexpensive to repair!