• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bay Window?

DRH1175

I am having a bay window added to my house since I am having the siding and Roof replaced from recent hail damage. They are framing it with 2 casements and 1 picture. The contractor uses Pella are these as good as Anderson or Marvin? The rest of my windows are Anderson.

grin

Depends on the line of window. Even the high end brands make some real crappie windows. smile

You get what you pay for with the big name brand windows.

On the other hand, (we sell and install windows), I bought a picture window that was $354 with tinted glass of the brand I chose. A Pella for that opening was almost $800. The quality, IMO, was not worth the over double cost. This was for a vinyl window. The ratings were very similar and I got a better warranty.

Sometimes you may be paying for features or material, or just a name. If you trust your contractor......don't worry about it. I would think of it as........."now I can compare these two window brands". Speaking from the industry, none of them last any longer than the other, when comparing apples to apples.

If they are using the Proline 450 or 850 series very good window. I sell windows and Pella is a very good window Ihave very little problems with them. Some other brands I haven t had as good as luck with. Marvin is very good window also. I'm curious what vinyl picture window cost $800

The window was a 40Wx63H picture window with shades in it that was comparable to the Simonton 5500 tinted window I installed.

Put in some Traco's today. Good price, nice window, not quite what the Simonton is, but not bad. I like the fully integrated nailing flange that Simonton and Thermotech have. Both nice replacement windows for the money. You can't find a comparable Marvin, Andersen, or Pella, that is unless you spend over twice the amount of money.

I bought windows, doors, and steel siding for about $10K for my house. A buddy of mine spent $17K just on Marvin windows for his house. Mine are all double hung and his are all sliders. The Marvin's he used are not their top-of-the-line window either.