Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black_Bay

Reweave the Weave

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone else drive through the 694/35E area and think the reconfiguration is going to cause just as many, if not more issues than the original roads? Now I know they aren't done with construction but the basic way the roads are going to be is plain to see. The way they have 35E north to 694 west routed is going to cause a huge bottleneck with 4 lanes turning to 2 at Rice street. Instead of backing up 694 west they will have 35E north backed up too. In fact it's already backed up to Hwy 36. Just before the bridge the road is covered in skid marks from people racing to the exit then changing lanes at the last second. They also haven't mitigated the lane changing that goes on from 35E north to 694 east. I'm holding on to the hope that when it's all said and done the traffic will flow better, but I'm betting it's worse. Yay, more time spent sitting in traffic. What a multimillion dollar mess.

Yeah, I didn't really understand the way they did parts of it either. I think the biggest part of the weave was coming south on 35E onto 694 in either direction. That was the biggest pain. The way they have it going north now isn't too bad, except for the guys getting on at Rice Street to go north or west. They are kinda screwed right now.

Yep, I agree with you. It's just a mess and getting worse. Plus, if you're going to spend millions why not expand the road? I know you can't do the whole thing yet, but you will have to in the future and then what? Redo the weave again? Insane, but your tax money hard at work and at least the walls look pretty for now

Totally agree. I looks like they just flip-flopped the whole mess. I never did understand the stay right to go left deal. I'm afraid we'll see a lot of fatalities on this one from people unfamiliar with the layout or on the phone etc. But then again I don't have a degree in engineering. frown

It'll just trade one bottleneck for another I'm sure.

Everytime I read something like this, it just reminds me how much I don't miss that stuff. Nice place to visit once in a while, that metro area, but wouldn't want to deal with that every day...

No weave's or bottle necks in NE MN winkgrin

Here's the typical culprit of a traffic jam in the Arrowhead.

moosefr6.jpg

Totally agree. I looks like they just flip-flopped the whole mess. I never did understand the stay right to go left deal. I'm afraid we'll see a lot of fatalities on this one from people unfamiliar with the layout or on the phone etc. But then again I don't have a degree in engineering. frown

Exactly Tom. Who thought of this go right to go left and vice versa stuff? mad To top it off they use same basic interchange at 694 and 35W, and at 35W Crosstown with the same result, a bottle neck. IMO the entire betway should be at least 3 lanes, if not 4 wide, with a center median wide enough to add light rail. The problem this state has is they try to build in the smallest places possible and as cheaply as possible. Why they don't build roads for 15 to 20 years in the future is beyond me. Just easing traffic congestion would go a long ways to save fuel, time, and lives.

Everytime I read something like this, it just reminds me how much I don't miss that stuff. Nice place to visit once in a while, that metro area, but wouldn't want to deal with that every day...

no kidding. i would hate that morning and evening commute. shudder

No weave's or bottle necks in NE MN winkgrin

Here's the typical culprit of a traffic jam in the Arrowhead.

moosefr6.jpg

dont forget the deer, bear, wolves, ect ect.

Casey, is that your same little girl that was in your previous avatar? she is getting older, eh.

I hate to differ ..... but - It is a pain right now but will be very, very nice when they are finished - there are a lot of lanes and roads that are not finished yet.

Casey, is that your same little girl that was in your previous avatar? she is getting older, eh.

Yup, that's my little peanut. The picture I had before was from a year ago. I updated to a more recent photo(probably about time).