• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Brush Ever

SDbowhunter

If anyone has ever wondered what the best brush for your dog the FURminator brushes are amazing. Everytime I brush my dog I get a hair ball the size of a small cat. You do have to be careful not to brush too much or too hard or you will take off to much hair. I highly recommend it.

For me it was. I couldn't believe how well it worked when I first used it. I actually borrowed it from a friend before I picked one up. My brother got one after he used the one I bought. His yellow lab is a shedder, after working her over for 3 days with it she stops shedding bad for quite awhile. For me My Lab has such a dense thick coat it gets out all the undercoat and he doesnt get hot spots anymore.

Everyone who has used mine ends up buying one for their dog. No other brush compares IMO. The price is a bit outragous but it changes a 5-10 minute brush job into a matter of seconds maybe 2 minutes. It amazes me everytime I use it.

I looked at getting one, then realized it looks exactly like the bottom piece of a hair clippers (the kind to shave your neck or head). SO I went home and unscrewed the bottom part from my clippers and holy cow, I couldnt believe how much hair it pulled out. Obviously doesnt have a nice handle or anything but her coat really looks good right now and I think I saved $50. SO far so good at least

My wife bought one at Mills over the weekend for, I thought she said, $28, which to me is spendy for a brush. We have a 65 lb Lab and I was surprised at how much dead hair it removed, especially those little clumps that wouldn't come out with our other brush. Our lab has to be more comfortable now in this heat, without that extra layer of hair. Her coat definately looks better now so I guess it was worth it.

Nels

Mojo thats how it started for me with my Lab. One has a really thick coat and the other one is alot thinner. The one with the thick coat I could brush for days till my arm got tired or I was sick of all the hair 2" deep in 3 foot radius around me. I kept at it making sure not to do the same spot to often as the fur started to diminish. Now I hook him up twice a week and it goes really fast without the cloud of fur anymore. The shedding is undercontrol for us now also.

My lab is still shedding a little now into July. Not bad but that one of the little joys of being a pet owner. It's a losing battle but as soon as I start winning it going to start getting cold. I can see why some people like labradoodles.