• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Lotto results available online

Here's info on the leftover tags:

Deer Lottery Held, Antlerless Licenses Remain

North Dakota’s deer gun lottery has been held and individual results are available online at the state Game and Fish Department’s HSOforum, gf.nd.gov. Successful applicants will receive their license in the mail by mid July.

The first lottery application process – deer gun, muzzleloader, youth and landowner – had 94,000 applicants, the same as last year. Fifty-nine percent (up from 51 percent) of the applications were submitted online.

Nearly 63,000 antlerless deer gun licenses remain. Unsuccessful resident applicants in the first drawing will be mailed a second lottery application with a July 23 deadline. The second lottery will take place prior to those who seek additional licenses.

Resident and nonresident hunters who have not yet applied, or who want additional licenses, must submit a third lottery application no later than July 30. The third lottery application is available online at the Game and Fish HSOforum. Paper applications will be available from Game and Fish offices, county auditors and license vendors by mid July.

Additional concurrent season doe licenses can be used during the archery season with a bow; the deer gun season with a bow, rifle, or muzzleloader; or during the muzzleloader season with a muzzleloader. These licenses must be used for antlerless deer only, and hunters must stay in the unit to which the license is assigned.

Units 2C and 2D remaining doe licenses can be used during the 7-day September antlerless deer gun season. Hunters must stay in the assigned unit (2C or 2D).

The regular deer gun season starts at noon Nov. 7 and continues through Nov. 23.

2008lotteryleftoversuq9.jpg

Our crew is doing good on Buck draws so far we are 5 for 6 waiting to hear on that one. Looks like our work will be cut out for us this year possibly.

Just heard we got the last one as well... 6 for 6 grin

marine_man

Yes in the doe lottery I have just as good a chance as the resident. But, for the buck lottery, only 1/2 of 1% of the buck tags in each zone go to non-residents annually so it is very hard to draw a buck tag. Usually 1 every 4-5 years unless one gets very lucky or finds a guide and pays $500-$750 for a tag.

Harvey.....not quite right.1% of the buck tags in each zone can go to NR.But included in that 1% are non-res. landowner tags,which are subtracted first.Also 100 tags can go to G/O statewide with no more than 5 to any G/O.Those are also subtracted before the draw.

No you are wrong about that.G/O only get 100 tags statewide,not half the tags in each unit.NR landowners get guaranteed tags which amount to more than go to G/O.I would like to see this stopped or that NR landowners get does only.

4 of us got buck tags for SW N.Dakota. We'll be hunting with Logging Camp Ranch Outfitters, south of Medora. Has anyone had any experience w/ this outfit? My dad did all the research work and talked to some archery rep's and such, so it sounds pretty good. Just wondering if anyone else has been there? We'll be out there the 3rd week of October. Starting to get excited for fall!!!

Brian

The third lottery is coming up quick:

Third Lottery Deer Application Deadline July 30

Deer hunters interested in applying for a first, second, third or fourth license have to submit a third lottery application no later than July 30.

Hunters can apply online, or print out an application, at the North Dakota Game and Fish Department’s HSOforum, gf.nd.gov. Paper applications are also available from Game and Fish offices, county auditors and license vendors. Residents and nonresidents are eligible to apply.

After the third lottery drawing, any remaining licenses will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

Additional concurrent season doe licenses can be used during the archery season with a bow; the deer gun season with a bow, rifle, or muzzleloader; or during the muzzleloader season with a muzzleloader. These licenses must be used for antlerless deer only, and hunters must stay in the unit to which the license is assigned.

Remaining doe licenses in units 2C and 2D can be used during the 7-day September antlerless deer gun season. Hunters are restricted to either unit 2C or 2D.

The regular deer gun season starts at noon Nov. 7 and continues through Nov. 23.

marine_man

Thanks for the reminder Rob. I applied for all I could in the hope that I get a couple for this fall. Maybe I will be hunting elsewhere this fall as my luck is running short.

I have hunted in ND for 17 years and always gotten plenty of tags and this year it looks like maybe 2.